icon

2002 Toyota tacoma remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
WoodTRD 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I am about 85% finished installing my remote start kit, a bulldog security deluxe 500 on my '02 Doublecab V-6 Tacoma and have hit a snag. Everything works fairly well, got it programmed, and it starts fine, only problem is when I start it with the remote when the factory alarm is armed. It still starts, but the factory alarm goes off. In the wiring diagram that came with the remote start for a tacoma, under "factory alarm disarm wire" it says "N/A", but that is the wire I am pretty sure I need to splice a wire from the remote start unit into to disarm the factory alarm as it cranks with the remote. The installation manual says that on most vehicles it is located in the drivers side kick panel, and shows a negative ground when the key is used to unlock the doors or the trunk, but doesnt say where or what kind of charge the disarm wire will have. If anyone has installed a remote start on a tacoma before and could help me out it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

Look for a wire that comes out of the ignition harness that shows (-) ground when the key is IN the ignition and nothing when the key is out.  This is likely your factory alarm disarm wire.  The remote start should have a factory alarm disarm output, but I'm not sure about bulldog.  I was always under the impression that their stuff was not that good of quality.

I maybe wrong, that's just what I heard.

WoodTRD 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I found it, it was coming out of the drivers door and produced a negative pulse when the key was used to unlock the door, thanks for the help. As for the bulldog, their customer service seems to be good, and I got the remote start REALLY cheap, so hopefully it won't give me too much trouble. Thanks for the help.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

Since you have NO disarm output from the bulldog....could you set the unlock for double pulse?  Before starting hit the unlock 1 time wich will disarm, then start.....then hit the unlock (open the doors) get in and go???

Your blue/black wire controls disarm (first pulse) and unlock all (second pulse)....try that!

Diode isolate the wires

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic