icon

DEI 530t problem please help...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2gnt97gs 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2002 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Im new to this forum but I did do a search and could not find an answer to the problem that Im having with my DEI 530T window module that is installed with my Viper 300 alarm on my 97 Eclipse GS.  I had the module professionally installed and it worked fine for the first six months. The alarm wiring and such have not been touched or messed with since.  Recently I have gone out to my car and have found that my windows are vented about an inch.  Well I thought that was just a freak accident like I had sat on my remote and they vented themselves when I was inside my house which has happened before.  Finally I figured out when it happens, well when I arm my alarm with the windows already closed my windows vent themselves the same inch that I found them at before.  So I have armed and disarmed my alarm several times while watching the windows and it only happens about once outta ten times and it only happen when my windows are already closed, they will roll up and stay up just fine.  If anyone has any ideas or fixes or similar problems let me know.  I really dont want to take it down to my local Car Audio shop and have them charge me hourly shop fee just to figure it out.  Thanks for the Help.  2gnt97gs
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

hey man.....I have a 530t, and luckily never ran across that problem.  I could have sworn that I saw that in another post.....I had been researching (on this site) the 530t before i bought it....and i remember someone saying they had that problem, and someone posted a possible fix.  I'm not really sure what to suggest....but I have 1 question for you first:

1.  If you leave your windows down, and then arm the car....do they roll up automatically?

If I can find that post, I'll let you know.

2gnt97gs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yup they sure do roll up.  That's the main reason why I got the module.  Just get out of the car and walk away.  The car locks and closes itself up with one press of the button.  Its sweet.  Thanks for the info, I will try to find the thread that you are talking about and if anyone knows exactly where its at let me know.  Thanks 2gnt97gs
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

here's the post I meant:  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=3121&SearchPagePosition=1&search=windows+vent+1+inch&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search#thread

Read the second post on there.  Sorry, but it's not much help...I just remembered him saying that happened.  It's weird that your stuff used to work though, and now it doesn't.  If you had it professionally installed by a DEI retailer, they might fix the problem for free (can someone back me up on that?).  Because if you get an alarm installed by an authorized DEI place, it's  a  lifetime warranty.

2gnt97gs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the link.  I found the post just after you posted your other post.  Anyways I asked the installer about the problem and he said that it should still be working fine and that it should be a defective module since it was working fine for months and then suddenly it was acting funny.  But I still dont see anything that could have made it act like this, no wires were messed with, nothing was added or taken away from the alarm.  Nothing.  And its also funny that another person has had the same problem from this unti.  Well Im determined to either find a solution whether its to fix the module or get a new one, cause its too sweet a feature to do without.  But if anyone still has any ideas or information regarding my problem please let me know.  Thanks 2gnt97gs
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hey   cpgoose,

Lifetime warranty only applies to the "Brain" of a security system and/or r-starter and only if it was installed by a certified DEI dealer. DEI 530t problem please help... - Last Post -- posted image.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
ahhhh.....I thought that if you bought anything from an authorized DEI place, and they installed it "professionally", it would just be covered.  good to know.  I guess if the shop wanted to be nice, they would help out anyway, since I'm sure it wasn't cheap to buy and install DEI 530t problem please help... - Last Post -- posted image.
2gnt97gs 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Still haven't found a solution to my problem.  It still happens about 1 out of 20 times.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.  Thanks.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
It's tough to say (at least for me) what could be doing that....since you didn't install it.  Maybe when the shop installed it, they didn't use a diode?....or maybe they used the wrong kind or faced it the wrong way?  So maybe it will only mess up 1/20 times.  I guess if you're adventurous, and don't want to go back to the shop like you said, you could find the module and see how they installed it.  I think if the module is bad, they should replace it for free.  Although, you probably wouldn't get to that point unless you let the audio shop look at it (for a fee), and then replace it.  Do you know anyone else with the module?  Maybe you can pull yours, and plug it into someone elses that you know works, and see what happens.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic