Has anybody used Alldata for wiring diags

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
The other day I had an instance where I needed schematic information on a 2000 Nissan Maxima. The dealer blamed me for the customers parking lights not working. I checked all the main stuff but had no luck. I visited the dealership which I know pretty well. They had a program called All Data that had factory service manuals and schematics. It was a huge help.
And as I thought it wasn't me that had caused the problem. I discovered the car had a been in an accident (not too severe) but enough to cause an open circuit in the wiring harness.   Sure quick to blame the installer!
Anyway the All Data program looks very helpful to our industry. I visited the site and cannot find pricing so it must be expensive.
Jon
Traveling Electronics
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Alldata is an excellent source for wiring schematics. I have used it on several instances for troubleshooting and also for recalls on different vehicles. I think it is only avail to ase certified mechanics though.   
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
I could not live without All Data, it is very informative, and yes it is expensive, but my company pays for it. It is available to anyone who wants to pay the fee's to use it. I am not sure about the actual costs but i think there is a new member cost and then runs a couple hundred a month.
Jazzy
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Alldata runs us around $200/month.. it's probably only for business use, but I don' t know.

If you're interested in the AllData information for one or two vehicles you can buy an individual membership for around $25 a year.. www.alldatadiy.com

AllData is where I get all my information from.. it gets updated every 90 days..

Jim

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Obviously the more resources you can get the better. Would I say it's worth $200/month? Not for the shop I work for we would hardly use it, but at yours maybe you can justify it. We would only need to use it in isolated cases, in which we have good enough relationships with the dealers to get the info we need anyway. Probably not legal, but if you can find a few shops interested in splitting the monthly fees and sharing an account it might be worth looking into. Has anybody used Alldata for wiring diags - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic