icon

New Amp, no bass control on head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
190e 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
I am farely new at this so please excuse me is this question sounds stupid..... About a week ago my setup was working fine. Head Unit: Clarion DXZ-635MP CD Player AMP: Bazooka El 1500 SUBS: 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 SVC (4 ohm each) Then My AMP blew...So I bought a new amp. New Amp: Kenwood Excelon KAC-X811D I installed the new amp today and I do not know if I installed something incorrectly because on my Head Unit I can no longer control the Bass Volume (little paddle switch) and it does not adjust. Before it was never a problem and adjusting the bass volume was easy? Has anyone had this problem before and how can I fix it? Is it possible my deck is just taking a crap and is on it was out (nearly 2 years old)? Also, from what I understand if I buy a Kenwood Excelon Head Unit they have the AMS system which allows you to view the Voltage, tempature etc. from the head unit. Is it possible that I cannot adjust even the volume from my current Head Unit because I have to have a Kenwood? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...Thanks if you respond
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

The head unit amp combination should not be a problem. I am running an Alpine CDA-9833 along with an MTX801D sub amp and I use the internal sub control on the head unit without a problem. It sounds to me as if you are having a problem with the head unit itself. If you have it in your budget to replace the headunit with the kenwood then, I would go that route. Since it can be linked with the amp in that way it would be really cool. That is the reason I will be running all Alpine amps as soon as my budget alows it as with Alpine I can control 12 different amps via the AI-Net connection.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
190e 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
It seems really weird considering my old amp worked fine, and my new amp doesnt. I did however not have any amp installed for about 10 days. Maybe it is time for a new deck. I even double checked the back and made sure they were plugged into the subwoofer output...Strange

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic