Clifford Avantguard5, MUX2 sensor ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
franksm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  

Hi folks

Very happy with my Clifford install, it's working very well.

Question I have: how do I tell which port on the alarm unit is MUX1 and MUX2 ? They aren't labelled as such.

We've had some rain here (well, it *is* Ireland) and I find that the alarm sometimes false-alarms on the MUX2 input. Also, when parked in an enclosed/underground car-park, it will similarly false-alarm on MUX2. The eventlog on the alarm says that event #8 is the cause, hence MUX2. I have a proximity sensor, omnisensor (both ot these have their own eventlog codes) and the 507T tilt/motion sensor (which must use one of the MUX inputs). The only other items connected to the alarm are the wireless immobiliser, the LED, the valet switch, antenna, and the serial port connection.

I'm going to try turning down the sensitivity of the 507T via its dip switches, currently it's set to a pretty high sensitivity. I'm suprised it's being affected by rain/cars driving past in the car park (would have thought the shock sensor would be the one to alarm, not the tilt sensor)

Frank

Dublin, Ireland
1996 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Turbo (Clifford Avantguard5)
1992 Mercedes 230CE (Falcon Predator Evo4+)
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  
Where have you go the sensor placed it is a little strange try the lower setting .
I can understand it the setting was high and it going off with cars going by fast because that will physically move the car. but i don't get why the rain is setting it off. sure see how the lower setting goes first
franksm 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  

The car is a soft-top, so perhaps the wind/rain is causing more "motion" than would be normally seen on a tin-top ? If there's a trembler or something within the 507T perhaps that's affected by the percussion of the roof acting like a big drum, changing the air pressure within the car... just a theory, I don't know how that device measures motion.

I have the sensor mounted on the transmission tunnel behind the dashboard, where all the piping and wiring is - it's actually velcroed horizontally to the carpet which covers the transmission tunnel. Sounds odd, I know, but it's actually a very stable and solid mount (the velcro meshes with the carpet as if it was glued). Clifford say to mount it flat, at less than 45 degrees, and that it can be stuck - doesn't need to be screwed to the floor or anything.

Dip settings on the 507T:

1=Degree (OFF=3rd;ON=1st),

2 & 3= Motion sensitivity (OFF/OFF=off;OFF/ON=low;ON/OFF=med;ON/ON=high)
4=Arming delay (OFF=10 secs; ON=120 secs)

I had it set to Off/On/On/Off, will go to Off/On/Off/Off now (would also like to try On/On/Off/Off)

Dublin, Ireland
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
Try the later two and post your finding where bouts in ireland are you and whats the car
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
sorry didn't see your signature.
franksm 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  

S'okay. I don't want to give out any more detailed info here, all due respect but I've had enough problems hence the Clifford ;-)

Have a look-see: http://mx5ireland.com/members/frank/theft/2004Nov/

Dublin, Ireland
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
jesus christ that sh*t is not on. need to take something to one of there backs.
People messing with other peoples cars pisses me off.
So how is the clifford holding out with them is it keeping them away
franksm 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, exactly ! That video has resulted in one arrest so far (and he's pleading not guilty apparently LOL).

The Clifford is great, the fact that it has the dual-zone proximity thing means that it chirps a warning if anyone gets too close. Doesn't stop people coming to look into the car at 4 O'clock in the morning, but successfully scares them off. Plus the Blackjax feature is awesome - no-one can take that car without knowing the password on top of all the other security.

The other thing is the wireless immobiliser. The receiver is buried in the depths of the car, it's going to be very hard to circumvent.

Dublin, Ireland
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 5:56 AM / IP Logged  
i had the same set up in my 2.2 vtec prelude heard of people having problems with the wireless immobiliser though. i didn't anyway. i know APA have stopped supplying the wireless immobilisers.
There was nothing on that store so i dropped a mail anyway. Cheers for that info.
so when are you going to do the setting on the tilt sensor
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  

I'm having the same issue after my Clifford Avantguard 5 install.  I ended up taking the tilt sensor OUT after changing setting to LEAST sensitive tilt setting, setting motion to OFF and arming delay to TWO minutes.  It doesn't get any LESS sensitive than that and it was still falsing at 2am.

I'm ready to get back at troubleshooting it though, but I wonder if DEI made a bad batch of tilt sensors, because I had a spare (not one that came with the clifford, but a separate 507T) and put it in instead and had the same problem.

I have tilt sensor in MUX2 and glass break sensor in MUX1.  I have set off the glass break sensor, so I know that it is in MUX 1 and tilt is in MUX2.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic