icon

1995 BMW 325i, Power Lock/Unlock wires?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saqib 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

I am not sure what happend with the format. Lets see if it works this time... I also submitted once, but ended up with 3 postings...

I have 1995 BMW 325i and I am trying to install security system. I have located all the wires to hookup the alarm except the Power lock and unlock wires. Per12 Volt resource wiring schematics:

Power Lock wire is WHT/RED / YEL (+) at Anti-Theft Module behind GLV. Box and

Power Unlock wire is BLU/RED / YEL (+) at Anti-Theft Module behind GLV. Box.

I am having problem identifying the Anti-Theft Module! I have removed the GLV. Box and I can see bunch of modules behind it. There is one that has 3 connectors from the front and I think 2 from the back. This module has the above two color coded wires in front middle connector. How can I tell if it is the correct module?

I also want to know that, if I can attach the two Lock / Unlock (+) wires from my alarm to the above two wires or do I need to connect through relays?

Thanks

Laur 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

What security system do you have ?

use a digital multimetter to find wires.

mainormoscoso 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
does your car has factory security sistem? if i doesn't  you only will see the plugs hangin ot where the module is supose to be depending on the security sistem that you are installing you are going to have to use relays to convert from - to + also I have a bmw '97 and a long pulse to the lock wire will roll up my windows and sun roof try that cool feature.   Good luck just look harder for those wires
saqib 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

mainormoscoso wrote:
does your car has factory security sistem? if i doesn't  you only will see the plugs hangin ot where the module is supose to be depending on the security sistem that you are installing you are going to have to use relays to convert from - to + also I have a bmw '97 and a long pulse to the lock wire will roll up my windows and sun roof try that cool feature.   Good luck just look harder for those wires

Thank you for the information. I do not have factory security system. For the windows role up and down feature, can you role up and down your car windows by holding the driver side key lock in lock or unlock position by holding the key for longer time? I can not do that, so I guess it must be a added feature in 97. You are correct; I do need relays since my alarm output is -.  I have another question.

Do you known which wire to use for dome connection?  12v resource says to use RED / Black (-) wire at left front footwell light, but my care does not have footwell light.

Thanks,

saqib 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Autoobsession wrote:

You can find all of the power lock wires under the glovebox at the factory alarm control unit.

Lock is WHITE/ red +

Unlock is blue/red +

Thank you for the information. I have another question.

Do you known which wire to use for dome connection?  12v resource says to use RED / Black (-) wire at left front footwell light, but my care does not have footwell light.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic