the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Porting into rear deck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

i would like to know if anybody can help me.  How does porting into the read deck focus the pressure to the cab of the car.  Is a sub omnidirectional?  If so, if i ported the box with the port in the rear of the box away from everything shouldn't it produce the same amount of pressure in the cab?

Thanks

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Certain vehicles have trunks that are well sealed from the interior cabins, such as most BMW's, in effect deadening them.  That's why people sometimes vent into the cabin, but other than that, there's usually no need to do so.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

see topic: sub location

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I just took the rear 6x9's out of my accord and bass seems to be much much better.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I took the sounddeadning out from behind the seat in my vic and cut a port behind the rear armrest. The bass is noticably louder with the armrest down.
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
I had to port into my rear deck as well because there was almost no airflow comming through the deck as it was, so I did what Maxst did (well only as far as removing my 6x9s) relocated the 6x9s, and stuck my areoports upagainst the grilles of the stock 6x9s, I figured the more stock the back looked from the outside the less likely I will be to get my stuff jacked.  There was definetely a huge improvement.
eh? what did you just say?
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Well the reason I ask is because the guy told me that nobody sits in the back seats and instead of me cutting his rear deck or seats I just told me to flip the seats down since its a 60/40 split and that will be enough in the cabin I would hope for him and if not then you may want to go with stronger speakers. 
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
If your car has the fold down backseat, by all means fold them down, it helps the bass out quite a bit. My cars seats dont fall down so I have to get by with just a port behind the armrest.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I took the back speakers out since they suck and if the bass goes low they rattle. Also i have the stock grills over the rear deck. You couldnt tell i have taken them out without looking close.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
1stimer 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have just purchased a very modest system for my older mercedes (1984 300D), and am curious about getting bass into the cabin. I talked to one installer who said the "best" way to do it would be to build a bandpass enclosure and funnel the bass into the cabin through a small opening from a removeable first-aid kit on the rear shelf. Anyone have any experience with this model of car and getting bass into the cabin? The rear deck is pretty solid metal, even under the rear 6x9's is metal....plus the fuel tank blocks 2/3's of the trunk on the passenger side. Thanks and btw excellent forum you guys have going here....been lurking for a couple of nights...best car forum I have been to yet.....researched my system for almost a month....wish I'd found this place sooner.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic