icon

2nd Battery the Answer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nismo350z 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
It seems that my Amp is not getting the right current draw from the alt. i have a total of 200 amp draw from all of my amps. I was wondering if I placed a second battery in the back of the trunk, would this solve my problems of power delievery if i directly connect it to all the amps? Do i still need a bigger alt. I dont know, I'm still trying to understand the whole altenator part of audio he he newb =)
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
No. You still need the alternator. Dead horse. Next...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Alternator is the only device that creates power, a battery must be kept charged by it. If the alternator is not keeping one battery charged, how does one expect it to keep to charged.......darn horse....... smacked me with it's tail....little pecker....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
What size alternator do you have now? If you are drawing 200 amps you will need around 250 or more from the alternator. The other battery would be useless.
'85 Toy
nismo350z 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Right now I'm running off of a 70 amp altenator. My cap reads 11.2 when the bass hits signifigantly hard. I'm thinking of getting a new battery insted of this crappy interstate i have in their. My amps are Infinity Ref 1211a and 7540a if that helps.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Again, you need the alternator... a battery alone will NOT FIX YOUR ISSUE!!! Go buy the alternator.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

Oh boy. Ditch the cap..sell it to some dumb kid. Then use that money twoards a HO alternator. What amps are you running? I've got a feeling you're not pulling as much current as you think you are, never the less you'll still want to upgrade the alt. Depending on what kind of power you're running will dictate what size alt you will need.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
nismo350z 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
"My amps are Infinity Ref 1211a and 7540a if that helps."      Said in last post =)
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

when are people going to stop asking these questions

hey mod's, can we do a sticky on the alt topic? get it up there so people will stop posting about it?

Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Oh come on, Captan!  Alternator posts are FUN!  Answering them allows for the release of pent-up aggressions!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic