icon

Crimestopper CS-2016FM ?'s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jjclark15 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
I own the InformerII(CS-2016FM) alarm and was just wondering if anybody owns this alarm or is familiar with it, because I just got it installed, but the siren and the chirp are both very quiet and was just wondering if there is any way to get the chirp and siren any louder?
jj
bluebog 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
I own an older series CS. I may be wrong, but I don't think the chirp volume can be adjusted.
arp35 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I also have the same alarm and just recently installed it.  The volume of the chirps are low but loud enough to hear within a reasonable distance.  I don't see anyway to adjust the volume without changing to a different siren.  I am having problems with the LCD pager.  It is only working about 20% of the time.  The sidekick remote works fine.  Did you have any issues with yours?
Alan
jjclark15 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have not yet ran in to any problems with my pager but I did have to replace the battery already only owned it about 2 weeks
jj
arp35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Well that's good news about the pager.  I tried it again a few minutes ago and again was only transmitting about 1 or 2 times out of ten pushes on the button.  It receives fine.  Something you might try if you want a louder more noticeable chirp/siren is to connect the horn up as well.  Just an idea.
Alan
bluebog 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  

arp35 wrote:
I also have the same alarm and just recently installed it.  The volume of the chirps are low but loud enough to hear within a reasonable distance.  I don't see anyway to adjust the volume without changing to a different siren.  I am having problems with the LCD pager.  It is only working about 20% of the time.  The sidekick remote works fine.  Did you have any issues with yours?
My friend has a similar problem and already changed to a new battery but problem seems to persist.

arp35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I fixed the problem with the LCD remote.  It was risky but I opened the remote.  Once I got it out of the plastic case I tried it again and it worked like a champ.  So i fiddled with the spring antenna by straightening it alittle and then put it all back together.  Like magic it works like never before.  I suspect the circuit board or the antenna was getting pinched, twisted...don't rellay know except that it now has like 3000 feet plus range.  I'm on the third floor in my office which is in the middle of the building and it works.  Perhaps when they put them together the circuit board or antenna is getting grounded out???  Anyone care to explain?
Alan
smarshalljr 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I own the Crimestopper 2016 and I have had nothing but problems with it...the remote works when it wants...and the valet/overide/program switch does not work...I can't program the alarm...
arp35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have had the alarm for about 2 weeks now and it is working well.  The LCD pager remote is still alittle finicky but works 95% of the time.  I suspect interference accounts for the other 5%.  Usually I just push the button again and it responds.  The programming button was also challenging.  I found if you follow the directions exactly as they are written it works well.  I always got the correct number of light flashes, etc. before I made any changes.  You may have gotten a bad valet switch...dunno.
Alan
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
All the new crimestopper sirens sound like little birds. Beware of the pagers!!! Out of 10 about 6 go bad.  Thats why I stop selling crimestopper!!
Installer/Owner
Double check twice Install once!
Wires are my Best Friends
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic