86 mercedes 30E, vacuum locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

Markland556 wrote:
sorry, i ment 300E. Im in the US, but i think they still have vacuum locks because mercedes are German cars (where my family is from) and i doubt they change it. And i know the pump is under the seat, i ran all the wires for my stereo and its in this huge foam thing. My dad owns a Mercedes shop/ small dealarship, but he doesnt want me putting in all this money into my car, so i cant really ask him about it. But thanks you guys, ill check out the manual to the alarm and program it for a 3.5 second pulse.

Sorry buddy. US and Euro cars differ alot. And UK cars differ even more than other Euro cars. Just because they make it in Germany doesnt mean they dont make different options. On certain older Mercedes like the 300E and 190E, UK models had different options like no power door locks, no power windows, right hand side steering like usual, and even the interior was different. Euro car engines are also setup different than US ones. But thats another topic, and my whole point in my first post was that maybe the UK member on the forum thought you had a UK model Mercedes.

joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
has the alarm been done yet? if so how did it go
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
if your benz has vacuum door locks then you could get the wires at the driver kick panel or passenger kick also.
bginamercedes1 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
can i set up the same thing with my ASIANWOLF 8000RS DELUXE alarm system????
Markland556 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok, im almost done putting it in, but my unlock doesnt work. My alarm gives out a positive signal to unlock and i need a ground signal, how can i turn it into a ground signal?? Some sort of relay setup?
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

if u have followed the diagram on page 1 and you have hooked up your alarm wire to the unlock relay that means you are puting positive + to both pin 85 and 86 put a neg - to one of these pins and then you can use the alarm output for the other. or on the alarm unit u can change the polarity of the central lock outputs but the easy way is do what i have told you first.

hope it works.

Markland556 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
i think i get what your saying but im a little confused with the relay wiring. Could you maby make one in paint or something just cause there are 2 relays and the pins are the same #'s and it gets confusing. Also on my alarm i have 2 lock/unlock outputs. Here is how it shows in my guide.
--GREEN (-)lock (+)unlock
--BLUE (+)unlock (-)lock
What pins on which relay am i supposed to hook them up to.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic