icon

Ford taurus starting from scratch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Izzum88 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys i just got a 95 Ford Taurus, still has all original audio system. Im looking to replace it all and spend around $500. I  listen mostly to rap music and want the bass to be pretty hard hitting bass but highs and mids are also important. If any of you have done install on this car before you might have suggestions on what will sound the best in the car. Basically what im asking is if you had this car and were on my budget what would you throw in? A store by me has all 12 inch Earthquake subs buy one get one free so i was thinking about looking into that. Any advice is appreciated and i hope this is interesting

Izzum88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to add that I already own a Kenwood 1000 watt class D mono amp. Not the new one they just came out with I bought it about 6 months ago.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know what version of earthquakes those are, so its kinda hard for me to recomend them, but check em out, and if you can hear them than even better. IMO a decent low end speaker that doesnt sound bad is pioneer and they are avalible for likely well under 100 bucks a pair. As for head units, I like the internal amps on the pioneer and the Eclipse stuff but have never been a fan of the Alpine ones, thats a completly opinion based statement though. When starting with a budget like your I genereally say to run the spks of the deck for now and upgrade to a seperate amp later. Also dont forget that you are gonna need a box and wiring to hook this all up so make sure to take that into acount
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Look at Powerbase subs. Great products for a definite reasonable price.
Izzum88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

Ok thanks for the input , ill check out that powerbase stuff.

Izzum88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
all i could find on powerbase is a few speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic