icon

97 Prelude, Autopage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cleanlude 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

No, the alarm has a positive output for parking lights... :)...

The alarm has 2 different inputs for door triggers, one + and one -..

Thanks for the help... and sorry for being such a noobie... I'm determined to do this myself and learn...

Jeff

cleanlude 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

The voltage should not change in the parking light wire behind the dimmer when I turn the knob...

So if nothing changes when I move the knob, that means it is safe to use this wire, without chance of frying my dimmer, correct?

JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

lol...installing a fusion F2000 on my accord took me about a week...looks like you're on your way to the 7-day mark as well.

can't imagine you'll fry the dimmer.

and your multimeter should have a 20V DC setting...that's what i use for testing +/- during an alarm install.

cleanlude 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Lol I haven't actually started to physically touch anything in the car since yesterday... When I did a little reconnaissance mission for the right wires :).

I got hold of a DMM today... And will work on it for an hour or two before I'm off to work again. I'm a busy man...

cleanlude 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I just finished making the connections for my Autopage RF-520LCD alarm into my 97 Prelude. Before fastening everything and screwing the siren, I thought I would dry-test the alarm to see if everything works fine.

Well everything works except for the power locks... The doors will unlock properly with the remote, except it unlocks them twice.. (2 pulses after the other, i don't know why)... But when you arm the alarm on the remote, you can hear the power-locks mechanism moving, but the doors do not lock... What could I have possibly done wrong... I get 12V in the alarm harness for the power lock and unlock wires, and it dips down when you hit the respective switch...

Another things is, for some reason, when the alarm is triggered, the power lock mechanism is pulsing along with the parking lights... The doors aren't locking or unlocking... I just hear the mechanism going off until I disarm it with the remote... I checked and the parking light wire and the power lock wire are not even close to touching...

HELP

Mods, please do not append this to my old thread, as the other one takes too long to read and I don't get many views or answers. Very appreciated.

wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
cleanlude wrote:
Mods, please do not append this to my old thread, as the other one takes too long to read and I don't get many views or answers. Very appreciated.
cleanlude, this is about the eigth or ninth time you've started a new thread for this install and you have had well over 300 views already and many replies. Please continue in this thread.
~wirewise~
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Also, it takes much longer to search for your threads to keep up with this install than it does to read this entire thread, so please help us help you.
~wirewise~
cleanlude 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

Wirewise : I'm sorry about that, you have a good point, I will stick to this thread...

Now, can you guys troubleshoot with me?

Jeff

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic