icon

clifford matrix rsIII false alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtrm54 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a clifford matrix rsIII into my 2002 pontiac grand prix and I am having false alarm troubles.  I have delayed dome lights, so that when you open a door the lights stay on for about 30-60 seconds after the door is shut.  The alarm is supposed to have a feature where it ignores any zone that is active while arming the system, until the zone becomes inactive again.  Three seconds after the zone is inactive the system will continue to monitor the zone normally.  It also has a feature that allows you to turn a bypass notification chirp on or off, which lets you know that the system is ignoring that zone until it's inactive again.  I have tried this in both positions, on and off, (which I didn't think had anything to do with my problem, but tried it anyway) and I am having problems with my alarm sporadically giving false alarms.  I thought maybe it could be my shock sensor or my glass breakage sensor, so I turned the sensitivity on those way down.  My pager reports that a door is being opened, but I know that a door is not being opened.  This false alarm happens very spontaneously.  It sometimes goes off not even 5 mins after I arm it, and sometimes it happens hours after I arm it.  Anybody have any ideas what it could be?  Thanks. 
xtrm54 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I've also just noticed that if the ignition has been off for a long time and I arm the system it will trigger the door almost instantly.  If the ignition has just been on and I arm the system it seems to take a longer time for the door to trigger (perhaps hours).  It's acting very strangely and I cannot figure it out.  Help is much appreciated. 
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
mmmm? I would start by cutting the door triger out of the alarm just to make sure it is that wire where the problem is occuring also is there any other switches connected to the door trigger e.g. have you connected the trunk switch to your door switch or maybe a microwave sensor also most cars will turn off the dome light once the doors are locked did this car have keyless entry before you fitted the clifford? this may sound like a funny question but i reside in australia and have never seen a pontiac grand prix!! 
I Love This Industry!!
xtrm54 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't connected any other switches to this.  Some of the grand prixs do come with keyless entry, however this one did not have it.  Here is some more info.....the wiring harness that came with the alarm system contains one wire that is intended to be connected to a negative polarity door trigger (mine) and another wire intended to be connected to a positive polarity door trigger.  I used the negative polarity wire.  There is also a need to connect this wire to two different door trigger wires.  One of them is for the driver's side, the other one is for all other doors.  So, I did this and I diode isolated in between the two wires so that there wouldn't be any feedback.  There is also a wire in the wiring harness of the alarm for domelight supervision.  I chose not to use this wire since the domelights are already controlled by the car itself (i.e. when the ignition is turned on or off, when a door is opened or closed, or like you said, when the car is locked).  Here is what the installation guide says about this wire, "Connect this wire to the optional domelight supervision relay."  So since the word "optional" was in there I figured that I didn't have to use this wire at all if I didn't want to.  Could this be my problem?  Should I have used this wire even though the domelights are already being controlled by the car?
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

your right with the optional dome light supervision wire it is not needed in your sercumstance.

The next thing i would do is to make sure you have not accidently connected the violet door trigger wire instead of the green, i say this because if you have, the alarm will work in reverse so you will be able to arm the alarm with the door open and it will bypass chirp with the door closed. 

I would also see how the car responds to not using the alarm e.g. what happens to the dome light when the doors are locked with the key, does the dome fade out immediatly or does it take 30 seconds to fade out, if the light fades immediatly when locked with the key and doesn't when the alarm locks the doors then i would look for different locking wires which will fade the light when the alarm arms.

also maybe try a different door wire most dome lights only have a single wire that runs up the a pillar or b pillar which may help your problem, cause your not using two circuits on the one wire you can test this by removing the dome light and testing the wire directly at the light, using a test light the bulb will come on when the door is closed and go off when the door is open check each door individualy to see if this wire is the one you are looking for, remember, because the dome light fades you may have to wait for the test light to light up after the door is closed.

Again haven't worked on the car so i'm just guessing to what i would try if it was here also try only connecting one dome light wire instead of both and see if you can issolate the problem to just one circuit good luck hope this helps let me know what you find

I Love This Industry!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic