icon

saturn relay/chevy uplander problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jhunter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, am wondering if anyone has a solution for this unusual problem. We installed d.e.i. 562t  in 2 saturn relays with 556u and a programmed pk3 key in the box, system works fine, except at random while remote started vehicle instrument cluster will say service vehicle security system( or vehicle theft system, can't remember exact wording) van will start every time with key and with remote, and if you cycle the ign on/off 7 times then start with key m,essage goes away, dei has no answers, we even tried trilogix pkg4 which was 1 of 3 bypasses they said would work, and when we installed that system worked great many times no warning on dash, then all of a sudden would not remote start but would start with key and dash said starter disabled, trilogix had us move ign wires from ign switch to bcm, yet no chang in results, my guy has tried it with key sense powered, not powered, interupted during key take over all with no change, just wondering if anyone has seen this dilemma or knows of a solution, i am thinking maybe some problem with the ring wrapped aroung the factory key ring losing some data?  thanks guys
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
You have to take the shroud apart and wrap the ring around the entire thing.
Mike
NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried the DB-PASS23 from Omega? It is a self learning module that doesn't need an extra key. I don't speak from experience on this particular vehicle since I have yet to do one but did plenty of Chevy Ventures. Does this vehicle use databuss and pk3?
Jon
Traveling Electronics
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
i had a similar problem with the uplander. it seems that the vehicle is very particular about where you place the ring around the cylinder. when you take the bowl off move the ring and when you get it in a good spot put tape over it so it does not shift. if that does not work you may want to try a differents bypass. (i use either a 556u or a pkg5)
jhunter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
hey nowyouknow, yes, we did remove the shroud and wrap the ring around entire unit, nismax, no have never tried omega, but we too have had no problems with old ventures with 556u and key, this apparently is a new animal.misterjimbo, as i said we used a 556u and never seen the problem after multiple attempts, it only popped on after unit was tested and working, did you have success with your way or did you not see the problem first hand?thanks for the info guys, keep it coming all.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
i saw the problem first hand and tried what i said above. i have not seen that particular vehicle since. i had this problem when the newer body style grand prix came out as well.  yeah, i think the reason it cmae on after a whili s maybe the ring moved when you adjust the steering column. that could be why the problem is not always there. also temperature changes have been known to cause  a similar problem as well

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic