the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Choosing SQ Sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bogey 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Butler TD - 475 (75x4 rms @ 4 ohm). With two channels I am running a pair of MB Quart QM 6.5 components. With the other two channels I will run one 10" sub. That is where you guys come in. I would appreciate your input on a good SQ sub. Problem is I don't have too much juice to send to it (150w @ 8ohm bridge or 200w @4). I would prefer to run the amp at 8 ohm bridge to limit distortion as much as possible. Also, it would be good if it didn't require more than .9 ft3 air space and cost less than $400.

Thanks for the help.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
bogey wrote:

I have a Butler TD - 475 (75x4 rms @ 4 ohm). With two channels I am running a pair of MB Quart QM 6.5 components. With the other two channels I will run one 10" sub. That is where you guys come in. I would appreciate your input on a good SQ sub. Problem is I don't have too much juice to send to it (150w @ 8ohm bridge or 200w @4). I would prefer to run the amp at 8 ohm bridge to limit distortion as much as possible. Also, it would be good if it didn't require more than .9 ft3 air space and cost less than $400.

Thanks for the help.

It's ONLY two lines below your post...    Here...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
bogey 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
The subs they are discussing in that post require way more power than I have available. For instance, I know that JL W7s and Adire Brahmas are great subs, but require about a 1000w. I could use some recommendations subs that don't require as much power, thanks.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

I'm a really big fan of the Image Dynamics IDQ v.2. Good all around sub that performs well in small enclosures with moderate power, which you have.

You should demo some subs that are available in your area that are similar to your available power. What sounds good, sounds good, irregardless of price and rep, etc. ( to a degree)

bogey 
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks dwarren, I have considered the IDQs they definitely have a good rep. As far as demo-ing subs I agree with you, however, everything in my area sucks. The only thing good we have is JL, but they don't offer any on the display rack. Very frustrating! I did have a chance to hear some Eclipse subs when I was visiting Roanoke, VA. I don't know what series they were, but I was pretty impressed. However, I'm not sure I have enough power to run most of their subs. Anyway, thanks
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

JL makes a good product, but not anything head over shoulders, the ID is just as good, to a w3 I believe.

good luck

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  

bogey wrote:
The subs they are discussing in that post require way more power than I have available. For instance, I know that JL W7s and Adire Brahmas are great subs, but require about a 1000w. I could use some recommendations subs that don't require as much power, thanks.

That's why we offer the Koda line. Choosing SQ Sub? -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

dwarren 
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  

plugging the gear...shame on youChoosing SQ Sub? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic