icon

anyone think yahoo auctions is safe?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksw870 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
I won a headunit off of yahoo auctions and its a rediculously good price. The website for the place that was auctioning it is http://danmarkelectronics.com/home
But ive never bought anything off yahoo auctions...so do yall think this is safe?
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Considering you already bought it, I really don't think you have a choice.
Paul
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
What exactly did you win and what was the price. The site doesnt look to dubious
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ksw870 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
i havnt bought it, i won it
Clarion VRX755VD DVD MULTIMEDIA STATION WITH CENET
for $356
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Bought/won whatever. When you bid on an auction you are basically siging a contract stating that you will buy the item in question.
Paul
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Whats the link to the actual auction listing that you won. It woudl help if we could actually read the listing
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ksw870 
Member spacespace
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
seems like a good deal to me and it seems all legit. I personally would have no problem paying this guy
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
please stay away from yahoo auctions.  Many of the sellers are scammers, look at their feedback ratings, most are unrated or very low.  also many of them only accept wire transfers or money order. which u want to avoid.  i used yahoo auctions onces and got scammed along with 12 or so other users from one seller.  luckily i got my money back.  beware of deadbeat dealers
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt anyone here could really say for sure whether it's a scam or not. A couple things I dug up:
- This unit sells on ebay around $800 - 1000 or so. Even used still brings close to that. Refurbished would still bring probably at least $600. Clarion themselves couldn't sell that unit at that price without taking a hit. You can see he sells it on his own website at $999.
- The seller registered on Yahoo on May 13, 2005. Less than a week ago.
- The sellers website (danmarkelectronics.com) was registeRED / created on May 3, 2005. A little over 2 weeks ago since this "company" has been in existance.
- The fictitious name filing for his business, Danmark Electronics, was filed with the state of Florida on May 5, 2005.
Couldn't really find any negative information aside from them not really being established for long. If the auction says that you can pay with credit card though, wouldn't your credit card company back you in case of fraud?
The website also says they have local services. If you happen to know anybody in the area maybe they could offer to pick it up, take a look at it, or pay in person for you. Not hard to find someone local on the internet. Anybody in this vicinity??? MARGATE, FL 33063
Anyway good luck,
Mike
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic