icon

My first box w/pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bikeboard15 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

After about 4 months of planning this box, I finally got the time and weather to work on it. I don't have any pictures of the mold making progress, but I didn't snap some of the work on it.  I think it came out great. Since I've seen so many people having trouble posting pictures, I'll just put in a hyperlink to my cardomain page. Let me know what you guys think. It'll eventually be sanded down and painted to match the rest of the grey plastic.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/473198/5

ajgonzales 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
looks really good
bikeboard15 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't really make this clear, but this was the first time I had entered the world of fiberglassing. Overall I'm really impressed by it. I'd like to thank everyone on this site for all of their help. I spent many evenings doing research on here trying to come up with ideas and techniques.
Josh12 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for posting the pics and the info bout being your first time it gives me hope.  I'm going to start on my first project soon makes me want to go and start today.

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Very nice design. Thats a complicated area to make a box in. I'm sure you sat there a stared at it for quite some time. I know I would have.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  

Awesome first glass work, post some pics when your sanded and painted up

~Jay

vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
Very nice work, you did a great first job!
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
Hey bro, looks good. How do you feel you did? I mean did it meet or exceed your expectations...I know alot of the time whenever I start a project I have the picture in my head of what I am going to do then somehow due to the shape of the glass it kinda takes a new form but then I work from there. now comes for the LOOOOOOONG part of sanding My first box w/pics -- posted image. then even more sanding, then spot glazing, then more sanding, then coats of primer (more sanding, probably more glazing putty) then well you get the point, just let us know when you get done...lol.
bikeboard15 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah Nik, I did sit there and stare...for probably close to an hour, haha. This box definitely exceeded my expectations and came out pretty much exactly as I had envisioned it would. I had never dealt with fiberglass before so I was expecting to have a lot of difficulties and for it to be pretty messed up looking. It looks great and it even sounds great (first time building any sort of speaker box as well, let alone ported). I expect to be spending quite a lot of time sanding this bad boy, but it will be over quite a period of time, as I have a lot of other projects to do around the house that my father certainly finds more important. I just really wanted to get it functional. Once again, thanks for all the positive feedback!
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
looks great!
You may want to re-do some of that vynal work on the doors though. I can see wrinkles!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic