icon

Dealer work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

How do I get set up with dealers? Should I write up a proposal telling them how much they can make? Im In Maryland and want to get set up with dealers.

Installer/Owner
Double check twice Install once!
Wires are my Best Friends
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Go into the dealer and speak to the sales manager and show him what you can offer mobile video, rs, etc.If he says they already have someone leave your card anyways and follow up with them. they may be stuck one day and call you. worked for me. also don't forget about hu you would not believe how many you can do because people come in and like a certain vehicle but it doesn't have a cd player because dealer didn't order it. Also get involved with you local camber of commerce. Most business owners a apart of it and they have meetings once a month here and you can to know more business owners that might send work you way once you get to know them.

audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of other things are involved with that.......insurance, permits of any kind and so on?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
I personally would not spend too much time with the sales manager....you need to get "IN" with the F&I person. They afteall are going to be the people talking to the customer, and selling what you offer. The sales manager is the place to start, but it doesnt end there!
Alarmer1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
Also be prepared to not see your money for 30 days, since that’s how most new car dealers pay their venders.
12voltlover 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
at this time i have 20 some dealers and out of them 10 are big time so big i opened a 3 location just for them. the best thing to do with dealerships is pat them on the rear daily. make them your friend if you have to eat a job to get them away from another vendor   do it . i have a company that did over a 100,000 last year with me. i go talk with him on a weekly bases and i do his cars on a daily bases. if you have any other questions just ask
christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I work in maryland now in the frederick, rockville area. What area are you looking to start up in?
us_test 
Copper - Posts: 200
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
christophe - do you own your own shop or work for someone else.  Looks like you're ready to partner up with someone as a car audio/security install venture, right?  I'm in Frderick also (I live there too).
(1) Kenwood Excelon Head Unit KDC-X589 (24 bit Burr Brown DAC, 3 X 4 volt RCA).
(1) RF Punch 250A2 - running the components.
(1) Hifonics 6.5" Atlas Components (18db crossovers).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic