icon

Ridgeline and Crimestopper RS-999.TX1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msmith56 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed the Crimestopper RS-999.TX1 in my 2006 Honda Ridgeline. I am on my second "Brain" of the install. I have sucessfully installed the bypass using a PKH3 and I have installed and ran the Disarm wire in the door. The system will work fine when I trigger the system via the Green wire by touching it to ground. The alarm is disabled, truck starts, runs, etc. My problem is that I can not get the Remotes to work with either the new or old unit. I thought I had a bad "brain" and I receieved a new one along with 2 new remotes and the small box leading from the antenna to the brain itself. I installed the new one, still nothing. I don't get a response from either remote. I made sure that the antenna was connected correctly per the manual, but I just can not get either brain to respond to the remotes.
I am not sure how the systems are shipped from the factory, but I am wondering if they are the right combinations (ie. remote, brain combo). My main boxes state it is a 999TW1 but neither mention two way paging as it shows on Crimestoppers Website. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. In case anyone is interested here are the steps I took to remove the drivers door panel.
1. Remove the piece covering the mirror area. It is held on via clips. Pull from the top, there are two tabs at the bottom that you need to be careful of.
2. In the drivers armrest there is a small rubber piece where your fingers fit that needs to be removed. Once removed, there is a screw under the rubber that will need to be removed.
3. Inside the door handle is a small plastic cover that will need to be removed. there is a small area at the base on the plastic to help remove it.
4. Once this is removed, there will be two screws holding the entire handle. Remove those screws and the cable that is attached to the handle. make sure to record which hole you remove the cable from.
5. There are 3 more behind the handle, remove these as well.
6. The rest of the door is attached by the "plugs" Start at the bottom of the door using a trim tool puller and pry them out gently. There are a number these on the outside edges of the door.
7. The mirrors, locks, driver courtesy light, and power windows are all connected on the otherside of the panel once you have it off. Disconnect the clips and the entire door panel can be removed.
8. Getting the wire into the door was a challenge, the wires that are connected to the body of the vehicle are connected to the door and can be removed by pressing in on the the connectors. There is alot of grease here. Once the wires are removed, I removed the connector in the door by pushing in on the base of it to have easier access to drill out a open hole. The top of the boot was a simple passthrough into the body of the vehicle. The disarm wire is white near where the wires come out for the power windows etc. The arm is at the same location.
9. Assembly is in reverse.

msmith56 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have tried to reprogram the remotes. There is no response, the system flashes the lights 4 times to indicate it is in program mode, but there is no response from it from the remotes.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
just a quick easy question lol do u have to battery in the remote?????
msmith56 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  
Battery... What's that?, I thought you had to use the supplied power cord to plug into the wall. They both smoked a little and got really hot in my hand, but I thought that was just the overall power of the remotes..lol. Yes both have batteries in them and the one lights up and the other one beeps and lights up. I spoke with a tech at Crimestopper and we think the problem resides with the transciever. They are sending me a new antenna, transciever, and remotes. Hopefully, this should fix the problem, I will post here with the results.
arp35 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Did you insure the blue wire is grounded.  It is the wire that is connected to the hood pin (blue on my system).  After turning on the ignition and pressing the valet button 4 times, you say you get the 4 chirps.  This means the remotes are ready to be synced up to the brain.  For the 2 way pagers, you press buttons 1 and 2 (lock/unlock) together and should get a confirmation by the lights flashing 2 times meaning it is ready for the next remote.  Make sure your remote acknowleges the sync before programming the second remote.  You probably have done all this but I thought I would just suggest trying both remotes separately.  Maybe the 1 way remote will work.  Also double check that the hood pin is grounded by having the hood open.  Also try a new/fresh battery and remove/re-insert the battery a couple of times to reset the remotes.   Hope this helps.
Alan
msmith56 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info ARP35. The problem believe it or not was actually in the antenna itself. Replaced it with a new antenna with a built in transceiver. Works like a champ now!! Crimestopper sent me a new and improved remote, and the antenna. Everything works now as intended. The lock and unlock wires are located in the passenger kick panel above what appears to be a computer and more toward the front of the dash. They in a white plug and are pink / blue for unlock and pink / black for lock. Thanks for everyones help, I had never ran into this problem before.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic