icon

Popup Panels

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BlueCC00RT 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have been reading this site for awhile and havent seen too many topics on hidden panels that popup. How do you guys do this? any links or tips would be great. Questions i have is how to make the panel when closed have the smallest seam possible and also how to keep it closed or open when pushed or other means to open it. Im sure my ramblings will confuse alot of you ... sorry
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
depending on what you are trying to push thru the opening and how much travel you need you could use a power antena. power it up with a toggle or a key switch. can you give a little more info?
BlueCC00RT 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to Make a popup panel to hide my nitrous switches and other switches in the console.to help you kind of picture what im talking about i was thinking of a entertainment center in your home how you press the glass and it clicks then springs the glass open or push it in . It clicks and holds it shut. same kind of idea but i dont know how to go about getting that to happen.

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Try drawing us a picture. One could go about a pop up switch panel thousands of ways. A picture of what you want or the area of the car you want it in might help.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
tnrplaya 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

Like a spring loaded door/cover plate? I have one in my 98 accord and I have also seen them in Infinity's...It is a door with a magnetic latch. You push it in and it clicks then some springs make it open slowly. Is that what you mean? Or do you want something that is motorized? It would seem that if you wanted something motorized you would have to make a switch for it--to hide your other switches. Seems redundant but I guess you could wire it to something else or ignition...Good luck though!

PG Limited Edition Octane Aplifier
PG Ti400.2
(2) JL12w6v2
Focal 165KF
JL TR-690TXi
Sony XAV-7W
Sony 10 Disc MP3 Changer
X-box
APC 350W inverter
Monster 1/0
Irragi 180A Alternator
BlueCC00RT 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
yes that exactly what im talking about.. Not motorized cause your right it would be kinda stupid. How would you go about making your own cover and how would you make it look seamless or close to it?
crzycreations 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I would think that the easiest way to make it seamless is to use some kind of carpet, but i don't know how it would look in terms of fitting in with everything else
-Don't buy it, Build it-
tnrplaya 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

BlueCC00RT wrote:
yes that exactly what im talking about.. Not motorized cause your right it would be kinda stupid. How would you go about making your own cover and how would you make it look seamless or close to it?

hmmmmm...I think there is some engineering to do to get the spring tension to do what you want...I suggest going to a wrecking yard or dealer and look for the cup holder from a 98-02 accord. You could use it to model you piece or maybe even mold the wholething into what you are wanting to build.

PG Limited Edition Octane Aplifier
PG Ti400.2
(2) JL12w6v2
Focal 165KF
JL TR-690TXi
Sony XAV-7W
Sony 10 Disc MP3 Changer
X-box
APC 350W inverter
Monster 1/0
Irragi 180A Alternator
Redrange 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
To make it seamless in your console, an idea might be using an actual part of your console, like if there is a factory seam or 2 pieces of plastic meeting, cut that and put the switches under that, I did that in my range rover with the woodgrain trim for storage Popup Panels -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic