icon

Viper 800 Ultra / 551T problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maroco 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a 1996 2dr Tahoe and I noticed it had a viper 800 ultra with a 551t addon with a battery backup. Looks like a good setup. Here is my problem THEY DID NOT GIVE ME THE REMOTE. So i purchased a V60 remote and had it programed to the viper 800 the keyless entry works and the back hatch works. nothing else. I am not sure what all was setup. but i know it has the valet 551t addon. and it does not seem to be working.
I need to know if the v60 remote is not compatible with the 551t and if that may be the reason i cannot get it working.
or if there is a special way i have to program it to make it work.
The remote i have is a V60 RPN485M with 4 bottons. I do not have a programming guide with it.
There is a posibility that the valet is not working or the wireing has gone bad. I am not sure how to check to see if this could be the problem. I am wondering if there is anything else i can do to diagnose this problem. and i need some help to program this remote. the correct way. my guess is you have to program the remote a specific way to make it work with the remote start.
Thanks
1996 tahoe viper 800hf/ valet 551t
moshpitmickey 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have this exact same system but with the original remotes. The remote you have WILL work fine but will have to be programmed to the channel that triggers the remote start. The 551 is activated from a blue wire hooked up to an output from the alarm. If you can see this wire, check what wire (channel) it is hooked up to on the alarm.  Channel three is the most common used for this. If the third button doesn't work, try a combination of two buttons, like one and two, two and three, and so forth.
moshpitmickey
maroco 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Is it possible the 551t is not getting power ? what cable gets power to the 551t and is there a fuse normally on that wire that i can check ?
maroco 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Also how do i program this remote for 3 bottons ? I do not have a programming guide is there one online ?
Pearl96Max 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Just a shot, but did you make sure the manual override switch is turned on for the RS?
moshpitmickey 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

The 551 has several large guage wires for power, ignition, accessory, and the starter. Just guessing but I think your problem is that it is not getting a signal from the remote. There are manuals online through directed electronics.

moshpitmickey
maroco 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

So is there a way i can see if its getting power ? there is no led on it I wish there was that would make it easier to know if its coming on and just not connecting to the alarm system. If I open it up will i find jumpers ? or anything else that i can use to troubleshoot this problem.

moshpitmickey 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
the two large red (12 gauge) wires should have power all the time. They should also have fuses. The pink wire is  for the ignition output. The yellow for the starter. Orange for accessory. These wires only power up after the remote start is activated. You need a manual or look on the back of the 551. I think it has a wiring diagram. It might be complicated to troubleshoot if you haven't messed with these before.
moshpitmickey

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic