icon

'95 Explorer Limited w/ premium sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NateDG 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey. I was wanting to install my aftermarket HU but this is seeming to become something of a headache. As previously stated, I have a '95 Explorer Limited with 6 disk changer in the console and the powered sub in the rear pass. corner and also a power antenna. I have been through two different wire harnesses with neither one doing a thing for me. I do know that EVERYTHING is in that rear corner. The front factory HU is just a dummy controller with the actual tuner and speaker connections being back at that factory amp. Basically I am just looking for another (easier) way to do this install as I am too stubborn to give Circuit City or someone 200+ bucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a quasi-experienced installer but this was has me pretty stumped. Thanks in advance.
-Nate
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
the dash kit fits in the dash of that car with relative ease. i also think one of the harnesses fits an installationi harness as well (the harness that has the power/ground/ignition/power antenna). but you will probalby need to wire 4 sets of speaker wires either to the speakers themselves or to the amplifier in the rear passenger side panel.
i got myself into one of these and i had to tell the dude i couldn't do it for the basic $20 install charge b/c i'd need to wire up speaker wires away from the deck for roughly $35 per speaker.
Pearl96Max 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
It *should* be Metra P/N: 70-5601 thats for 94-97 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with the JBL system.
NateDG 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I have tried that harness. The power harness seems to fit ok although I don't think the actual wires match. And part two of that harness doesn't even physically fit.
-Nate
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

natedg

are you able to get a picture of the harness in your truck and post it? then we should be able to tell you which harness you need

NateDG 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunatly no. I am not going to try and take that huge body panel off without a good sure-fire plan in order first.
-Nate
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

Actually, you are not thinking of the right harness that pearl96max is talking about. You are thinking of the 70-5514. Which is for the Ford premium sound excluding the JBL system.

The harness that will fit your application is indeed the 70-5601. You will need to run this harness from the factory amplifier to the front of the vehicle to wire to your aftermarket HU. Also the antenna wire will have to be ran back to the front of the vehicle.(antenna extension is in the harness)

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

take the panel off it is like 10 clips and 2 screws.  if you are too cheap to order the $30 wire harness online ill give you with exact pin by pin wire code.  I am a pro installer and have done this several times... anyway here you go cheapskate:  1F2U3C4K  %Y6O7U8!  that is intaller code so you better get it...

NateDG 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
WOW. Having a bad night are we?
-Nate

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic