RSX3.5, '92 Nissan 240sx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slipnfall 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hi folks,

I have a Clifford RSX3.5 system I will be installing next weekend. I'm just gathering some specefic info I'm not 100% sure on. I'm comfortable with electronics and all, but I'm not sure about wiring up the keyless entry. The Clifford unit has three keyless outputs: +Lock/-UL, -Lock/+UL, and -UL. The pulse durration for lock is 0.8seconds, and 1second for unlock. After playing with the control wire in the door panel(D/S), I think I have the signal figured out that I need: if I connect the two control wires together(one has 12V on it to GND), the doors unlock... if I let them both open, they lock.

The problem I forsee is the Clifford only pulses the locks... if the Clifford pulses ground to unlock them, won't they just lock again once the pulse has ended?? It seemed I had to hold the control connection together for about 1-2seconds, to get a solid unlock. If then I disconnected them, they locked. If I tried to quickly pulse them, the actuators didn't act predictably. When waiting for 1-2seconds, I could hear the timer click on the passenger side: meaning that if I were then to unshort the wires, I would get a definate lock.

I hope this makes sense. I'm just wondering if I should get a latching relay. Or is this why the lock/UL 'feedback' switch in the actuator is kept?

Thanks for reading!

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
What year, make, and model vehicle is this going into? 
RSX3.5, '92 Nissan 240sx -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I'm sorry: it's a 1992 Nissan 240sx, SE trim. After looking over the Nissan specefic lock wiring(this site), I see now that the stock switch will keep the lock/unlock signal latched(thus no need to latch the alarm output). Is this correct?
slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
bump... anyone verified the schematic on this site for a 1992 Nissan 240sx?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|              12V|white               |+ |ignition harness            |
|          STARTER|BLACK/ white        |+ |ignition harness            |
|   SECOND STARTER|BLACK / YELLOW        |+ |ignition harness            |
|        IGNITION|BLACK/ red           |+ |ignition harness            |
|        ACCESSORY|blue               |+ |ignition harness            |
|       POWER LOCK|ORANGE / black   *1   |F |driver's kick panel        |
|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire      *1   |F |                            |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|RED / blue            |   |back of dash dimmer        |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|RED / white           |- |courtesy light              |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|red                 |- |sw. or light in trunk       |
|       TACHOMETER|yellow/red          |   |ECM pass. kick panel        |
|       BRAKE WIRE|RED / green           |+ |brake pedal switch          |
Notes:
*1 To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Not to be rude, but did you even read my original post? Your reply had nothing to do with my question.

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
slipnfall wrote:

Not to be rude, but did you even read my original post? Your reply had nothing to do with my question.

read the notes and you will see that it does.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

One wire lock system....wire a relay as follows Cut the lock wire in half....then

87a, gets the module side of the lock wire. 30 gets the door side of the lock wire. 86 gets 12v, 85 gets the negative triggers for LOCK from the unit. Attach the UNLOCK out put to the wire going to 87a "before the relay".

slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
One wire lock system....wire a relay as follows

Yeah I got it all installed this weekend. I was just over-analyzing the lock situation: I didn't see how the locks could remain locked if they were pulsed, then returned to open. Basically I wired them with the diagram on this site, specific to 240sx's: your description minus a diode.

Anyways, it took me from Friday around 5pm, to tonight around 5pm, roughly 25hrs. This was for remote start, keyless entry, alarm, and I havn't finished installing the trunk release actuator yet(have to fab a bracket). I must say, I'v gotta hand it to your guys/gals who do this for a living: this was *not* an easy task! The electronics are simple, but the planning, grouping/routing of wires, wire looming/wrapping, wow. I spent almost a day and a half just getting the wires where I wanted them, before shortening. I expect you guys have good health insurance, b/c my back is killing me!

Thanks for the help, and being patient w/me.

-Jamie

slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there,

I finally finished up installing the main components of an RSX3.5 into a '92 Nissan 240sx this weekend. As I mentioned in another post, I have a new-found respect for you installers-by-day out there: this took much longer than expected. Anyways, it's all in, and everything seems to be working(sorta).

First let me start with a general question about the dual-stage shock sensor. I mounted it behind my radio, wire-tied to a dash harness(not the radio one, this was about 1" in diameter). I was told to avoid attaching it to any [chassis]metal to prevent falses. However it seems that the thing isnt sensitive enough. I have it turned all the way up(clock-wise), and I really have to wrap on the car to get a response: which is the full shock alarm, not even the warn-away. I mean I can literally rock the car side to side w/out a trigger. If I push up/down on the front end, it goes off. The sensor wire is already loomed but I can move it about the vicinity. There tranny tunnel is covered in carpet, the HVAC box is behind it(plastic), and the radio bracket is metal. Is this normal for the 'in-box' sensor? I was expecting it to by overly sensitive.

Next, I *think* I may have goofed up on my remote start: I wired my cold-start wire to the IGN2/ACC2 output... is the IGN2 when the car is in run only? Reason is it cranks and cranks and cranks when it's cold, but when warm it fires right up. Is it OK to just tap this cold start directly off the starter-out on the 'relay sattelite'?

Impressions? Well I havn't had a ton of time to test it out, but first impressions are good. The remote has good indoor range: I can communication from my garage, to the other side of the house, on the second floor, from the bedroom. The remote itself is built very sturdy: the stubby antannae looks like it will hold up to some abuse. And it's certainly smaller 'in person'.

That's all for now, thanks for reading. I'm sure I'll have some more questions the longer I get to use this.

-Slip

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic