icon

CD Player turns off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d0gs0ld13r 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
well i have a 2002 malibu, decided to buy a new HU. bought a alpine CD player, turns out i need a harness so i can keep something in the malibu to keep workin. the harness is some kind of GMCO harness. have a power 550 amp and 2 Rockford P2 subs.  the problem is that the CD player turns off and no music, the CD turns off and restarts. could this be a ground problem or a problem with the GMCO harness??
stumbler69 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
well i installed a deck and had the same problem, turns out that the cars alternator was dead so there simply wasnt enough power. And the deck just flipped off as some sort of protection. But that might not be the case for you. I would sggest testing all your power/ ground wires to see if they are shorted or maby try the deck in a differnt car to start eliminating problems.
oneshot 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
The Wire harness that ur local shop was trying to get you to buy is well worth it, I am not too sure what Metra calls it. What GM, Chevy, ect has done is the data bus wire, runs into the stock headunit for thieft/vehical health reasons (dont ask y i think its a stuipid idea) so if u take out the stock H/U you can lose dashlights/door dinger and in the rare occasion airbag control. As for the airbag thing i have yet to hear of a problem. But go and get that expensive harness it is well worth it when ya think of the issues that may arise. Please tell me u havn't cut the stock one out >.< I hope this helps. Oh i forget what metra calls it but Scoshce calls it a C2RGM24, no need to relocate ur stock deck.!! I am sure Metra has one similar. Have Fun!
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
you will have to run a key switch (red wire from harness) to a key switch in the dash or steering column to properly turn radio on and off. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic