icon

MTX 7500 is good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sigfried 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hi there, i want to know if the MTX thunder 7500(t7510-04)is a good sub for both SQ and SPL or not? and for low Hz. thnx.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
None of the above.  Look for a better sub.  I looked at those recently in this thread.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I gotta say that I am gonna disagree with stevdart on this one. They sound good, but nessasarily great but do spl quite well. They do handle quite a bit more power than they are rated for as well. I know that I would have no problem using them or selling them to any of my friends. In fact I have sold them to friends and no one has had a problem with them yet and they all love the way they preform. I am not gonna disagree with stevdart numbers, I am sure that they are right given the provided information, but I am also gonna point out that anyone who deals MTX will probally know this, the numbers that they provide from the manufacture generally are inacurate and they seem to never fix this. In the past they did dumb things like recomend makeing a box for a 12 inch sub sealed at 1.5 cubic feet and for the same sub recomend making a ported box at 1.6 cubic feet tuned to 45 hz. Why would any one ever do that. It makes no sense. This is a big issue with their company. I like the products but wish they could give us the strait numbers without me having to hound the rep for the strait story.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I was happy with their performance in both sealed and ported. I am currently running them in a large ported box, which is loud at some frequencies but the sealed box sounded much better.
As stevdart pointed out those numbers are a little strange . I may or may not upgrade. I might go with a larger sealed box first.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
The feedback from actual users is much more beneficial than what I gave you based solely on parameters...and their place in the MTX lineup.  I haven't heard these in a well done setup.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic