icon

Wiring two amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Spaceman838 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

I currently have a Profile AP1040 amp hooked up that powers my front components and rear speakers, and it is located under my passanger seat.

I'm going to be putting in subs and have an Audiobahn A802T amp that will power the subs.

My concern is with wiring these amps. I know I can leave my Profile amp the way it is and then just put the Audiobahn amp in my trunk and run the RCA's and a new power wire to it from a distribution block, and ground it in the trunk.

But I if I  just run RCA's from my profile amp 'line out' to the Audibahn amp I would still need to run power to it right?

Anyhow, if someone could tell me what my best option is, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

glamisguy99 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

If your HU has sub output your best bet would be to run the RCAs to that.  If you only have the output that you are currently using for the Profile amp, then you can run the RCAs for your sub amp from the Profile line out, or maybe better yet, use splitters or "Y" adapters for your RCAs and run one set to the Profile, the other set to the sub amp.

Either way, you need to run a power wire for the new amp, the RCAs are for signal not for power.

Spaceman838 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I never wired two amps together and kinda figured the line out would only be for signal but for some reason I was hoping that would be all I had to wire the other amp to. But that would have been too easy.

I will go ahead and run the rca's to the rear of my receiver then seeing how it has subwoofer outputs and then I can adjust it from there.

Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic