icon

epicenter setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
derrickg 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
how do u know where to set the voltage to and what is the best way to set the sweep and wide controls?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

Just Don't.....K

this set up sucks.......trust me, you will only be dissapointed...........

REALLY

derrickg 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
what is it that u dont like about the epicenter?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=14165&d_Id=5249&l1=5249&l2=# go to the bottom right side of the page and download the epicenter owner's manual.

Look on page 10.  It tells you exactly how to adjust the para bass controls for sweep and width, and gives you the recommended voltage under "recomended settings".

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Epicenter is a waste of time, money, and effort in todays audio environment.  Read up on the actual purpose and what the epicenter does and you will agree that it is useless.
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well, If it is usless, why would a Company such as Audio Control still manufacture it?
Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
because people like you blindly buy it
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
Marshallmadman 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

The Epicenter actually does serve a purpose. For individuals that use their factory sound system and add a subwoofer by using speaker level inputs, it helps to capture some of the lost bass tones.

I'm just a regular guy. I don't know why all the fuss about me....
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
What a harsh thread this was. I mean a guy comes on and asks a fairly simple question, "How do I set my Epicenter" and people jump on him and start calling his gear crap and basically insult him. Dude just follow the link above, set it up to the best of your abilities and see how it sounds. While I do agree that the use is some what outdated, I always found em fun to play with
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
What a harsh thread this was. I mean a guy comes on and asks a fairly simple question, "How do I set my Epicenter" and people jump on him and start calling his gear crap and basically insult him. ...
Agreed. The purpose of this forum is to help each other by sharing information. If you don't care for a particular product, that's fine, we all have our preferences, but explain why you don't care for it in a professional manner instead of just saying "it sucks" or simply because of it's brand name. If you cannot express yourself in a professional manner, then please post nothing at all. We will begin deleting these types of posts and banning members that continue to express themselves in this manner.
~wirewise~
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic