icon

Cable for Changer to Monsoon system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
704acc 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Trying to help a friend out with her 2004 Volkswagon bug with a Monsoon system.  She needs to extend the cable connecting the factory radio to the aftermarket CD changer.  The plug is in her center console and she wants to extend it so the changer can be put into the glove box.
Ray Kane
homer1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
If you have the adapter to connect the aftermarket changer, can you get an extension for the changer - i.e. ... factory cable to adapter(this case to PIONEER IP-Bus), extension cable(CD-IP601E), to changer cable? Basically looking to extend the aftermarket connection, not the factory.
Experience gained is directly proportional to the amount of equipment destroyed - break it & learn!
704acc 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
My post was misleading - you are correct, I am looking to extend the aftermarket connection for the changer adaptor which came with the unit.  Is it a Pioneer unit?
Ray Kane
homer1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Depends on the brand of CD Changer - I used Pioneer as an example. Most of the companies making aftermarket changer adapters make different adapters to use different makes of changers on the same vehicle. For example, for that VW, Soundgate makes different adapters to use a Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer or Sony CD changer. So the extension should be available from whomever is the manufacturer of your aftermarket changer.
Experience gained is directly proportional to the amount of equipment destroyed - break it & learn!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic