icon

bad reception on tv in car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coop513 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

i have a kenwood excelon kvt-915dvd in a 99 escalade. it came with 2 antennas that i powered with the red power wire off the back of the deck and they are also grounded. with the car off the tv reception is ok, but as soon as i start the truck the reception gets static and gets worse as i give it gas. i have the brain mounted under the rear seat, all speaker and video cables are ran seperate than the power wirers. and everything has good clean grounds. any help would be appreciated. thanks

rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Try an inline power filter or use a different power source.  Try using the accessory wire (brown in your escalade) in the ignition harness.
rabenoja 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
PS - Reception for the TV tuners in the car is never any good anyways, at least in my area.  It's kind of like using the rabbit ear antenna's on your old TV....you have to play around with the antenna and most of the time the reception sucked!
coop513 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
a better power source for the head unit and antennas or just antennas? and i have heard alot about the power filter off the alternator, i'll give it a try.  hey rabenoja the thing is its perfect with the car off. thanks for the help fellas.
rabenoja 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

coop513 wrote:
a better power source for the head unit and antennas or just antennas? and i have heard alot about the power filter off the alternator, i'll give it a try.  hey rabenoja the thing is its perfect with the car off. thanks for the help fellas.

Well if you are only having a problem with the TV with the car on, I'd just try using a different power source for the antennas.  But if you have a problem with the screen while using the other functions, i.e. - watching a dvd, then I'd change the ground on the HU to a regular chassis ground and maybe even use a inline filter on the power source...like some CD changers have. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic