icon

Who else makes the ipod interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hammondc 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Who, besides Apine, makes an interface for IPODs that will allow controlling the IPOD from the head unit? I know kenwood has an interface, but you still have to control from the IPOD.
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Pioneer makes one to be used with their haedunits. You can control the Ipod from the headunit, and it charges it while plugged in.
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

Is Premier considered the upscale Pioneer line? All those pioneer headunits are ugly except some of the really high end stuff.

12v_rep 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Premier is the factory direct version of the Pioneer broadline, with usually only minor differences.
LOL!!! I guess you really wanted your question answered.
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Ha ha, looks like someone cleaned up those pasts for me. THanks!!  So is premier top end or no?

12v_rep 
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Depends on who you ask. A Premier dealer will say yes, but I say not so much. They run off of the same production line. On some models you will get an extra set out outputs earlier in the lineup, or maybe get high-volt output earlier in the lineup than the broadline units. With Premier you get a 2 year warranty instead of the 1 year with the broadline. Premier did just set a World Record at the Spring Break Nationals with their subs and amps. They did a 179.9 db.
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

yes premier is pioneer's flagship offering.

some of the similar units between pioneer and premier have only minor differences as mentioned, but as you get into the nicer equipment the differences become greater.  especially in the processing on the high end equipment.

also, kenwood has an ipod "controller" which controlls and charges the ipod. you do not need to control through the ipod.

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
Markland556 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
i know premier one doesnt support the ipod controls through the HU, have to go through the ipod. Thats why im just going with my modded xbox as a media center.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic