icon

Eclipse AV8022

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have one of these models or has anyone had any problems with it? I'm having more problems with this thing than its worth. The radio doesn't get good reception, the antenna is plugged in, and the power antenna wire is connected still no reception. The cd player works ok with the a/c blowing full blast. If I turn it off than it doesn't work. The DVD players works fine with or without the A/C being on. Did Eclipse have a re-call on these units?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Nope... bought from an authorized dealer, send it back to them under the 3 year warranty.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Teamrf 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

This is so depressing. I ripped the unit out my car earlier. I guess I will send it in for repair.

~The Rookie~
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
If the cd player works when the air is on but not when its off I would have to wonder about install as well. The air being on or off should really have no affect on the unit, its like saying that when I turn my head lights on my fans wont work. They should be completly isolate from each other and if they are interacting then it sounds like a install problem. As for the radio reception, have you checked to be sure that the antenna is not kinked and that it is hooked up on the antenna side of it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Teamrf 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Well the cd player doesn't even work now. I guess I can go back and check out the wiring on this thing.  I'm going to see if the brain is giving out 12volts to the antenna wire in the car. But as far as the cd player I think it is something in the cd player. I have an amp for my mids and highs so I'm going to see what happens when I use the speaker wires from the brain.  Has anyone seen this problem before?
~The Rookie~
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using the right turn on lead? If you arn't and your mids and highs are amped then the amps for them could shut off when you turn it to CD mode.
Teamrf 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I got it working now..One of the RCA jacks were bad. Now I have to focus my attention on the radio. When I wiggle the antenna it works better so I'm thinking something is wrong with the antenna lead.
~The Rookie~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic