icon

Avic-n1 controlling accesories

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rutcgr18 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ok well this is a shot in the dark.  But i want to beable to control other device with my avic.  I want to be able to kinda make it a command center.  Beable to turn devices on or off.   I want to try to figure out how the ip-bus works.  i know you can control and ipod with it maby i can use that inter face i am jsut not sure on how the interfaces work.  Are they serial if there are serail i can jsut plug it right into a basic stamp.  well jsut wanted peoples thoughts and ideas

thanks

mike

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
Be more specific. What are you wanting to control. What kind of Devices, be specific or at least give specific examples please.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to be able to turn strobe lights on or  off.  I am a firemen and i want to be able to control my light via touch screen.  and it wold be nice if i could use the touch screen with a computer.

let me know

thanks

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have never heard of anyway to do this but that doesnt mean its not possible, I just dont know how. Have you tried emailing pioneer about this?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
well, the only way to do this would be to engineer an interface device that works through the IP BUS and design software for the AVIC (which is usually firmware) to controll such a device. I don't think this is a feasable project.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2005 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  

well why not be able to use the interface that the ipod uses and hook that to a basic stamp could that work?

How does the interface work for and ipod what are the pin out of the ip

mike

rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
I have never heard of anyway to do this but that doesnt mean its not possible, I just dont know how. Have you tried emailing pioneer about this?

I tried to email them and they said that they could not let me talk to an engineer.  I was pissed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic