icon

viper 791xv not paging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anekin007 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
ever since i got this damn alarm its giving me headaches.. i should have waited and saved up for a compustar.. i might pull this out and get a compustar in a month or two..but i kinda need it this to work in the mean time ..  only problems i have left is when my alarm goes off.. it doesnt page me.. unlock, lock, arm and disarm and remote start seems to be fine.. but when my alarm is triggered it doesnt page me at all.  only time i know my alarm went off is when i unlock my car and the lcd blinks the sensor icons.. i doubt its the remote because i have a extra remote and i tried programming my friends and it did the same.  another problem is my range.. im only 100-200 feet from my car at my work place and it doesnt even work when i press any buttons on my alarm.. nothing is transmitting.. the antenna is at the normal location.. i thought a 1500 range would atleast work in a one story building with less then 200 feet of distant.. viper 791xv not paging - Last Post -- posted image.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
read ur user manual for turnin on/off the pagin mode. 791xv is a great unit, buddy.
for range, keep antenna straight as possible. youll not get the most range as advertised. the advertise is for an opening range, your case is 100 cars and stuff surroundin ur car which diminish the range.
my signature sure does say something out loud.....
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
anekin007 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

the only thing i saw in the manual is the P program button or hold all 4 button.. and press the star sign.. i dont know which one is on/off .. so i tried both the one beep and two beep and still doesnt page me. 

btw good stuff on ur site..

profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
lol, i wasnt tellin you to look at my site, i was tellin you to read my quote.....i was only joking about my quote.
now since you didnt read ur user manual, my signature is really screaming at you....viper 791xv not paging - Last Post -- posted image.
btw, do you have 791xv or 5000? or the 791xv remote now have P-button in the back?
Houston,TX
anekin007 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

i have the 791xv with the P on the back.. thats why i said p program button or all four buttons.. they are both the same.. i still dont get ur sig.. so ur saying im stupid? for what.. a little help would be good instead of trying to say someone is stupid.. i went through the manual.. on the lcd is set on page notification on and the beeps only.  i m still getting no page or signal on the lcd when my alarm goes off in warn away and full trigger. 

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Don't get too upset, man. profuse007 has an ?unusual? sense of humor, but he's really actually trying to be helpful, and he's got a great web site w/ lots of useful info.
Check pages 16-17 of your owner's manual. It tells you how to turn "paging mode" on and off for your remote.
It's possible the remote has paging turned off, which would explain the problem by itself.
However, it sounds to me like you've confirmed that's not the problem. The next thing I would check is the antenna-- try disconnecting it, letting it sit for a few minutes, and the reconnecting it. (Both at the brain and at the antenna).
Make sure the antenna itself can "see" the outside world. If you have tinted windows, park facing your work (not away)-- radio signals are heavily degraded by many kinds of tint.
You say "one story building"-- you realize that's actually bad, right? It means there is almost certainly more building (walls/pipes/wires/what-have-you) between you and your car than there would be if you were in a taller, thinner building...
Last but not least, try setting off the alarm while near the car-- if paging works up until a certain distance, then you're probably just running into a limitation of the system. If not, something is wrong w/ either the alarm and the brain, and you're better off getting the offending unit(s) fixed...
Try this and let us know how it goes,
Me
profuse007 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
a buddy of mine had the same problem after he was messing w/ the programming, so i had to change the pagin mode to get it to work.
if not, check at both ends of the antenna connectors and see if wires are clipped or messed up. i had a similar problem w/ a 560xv (1way) and had to fix it.
nah man, just joking around.....viper 791xv not paging - Last Post -- posted image.
Houston,TX
civic-mmx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

I have the same problem with my 791xv, it responds to my button presses, but getting no confirmation back to the remote, i.e. it beeps three times as if I'm out of range.

It's like the entire transmit feature back to the remote from the brain is toast. I thought it was a loose antenna, but I was inside the vehicle and the remote works, but then beeps three times and I get no confirmations.

Weird. Any thoughts?

Better safe than sorry. Woops, shouldn't have done that.
sopedish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
What does that "P" button on the back of the remote do anyway?
civic-mmx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Same thing as pressing all four regular buttons I guess. I don't have one.  :(

I did some searching and it appears there are two common fixes for the remote not working/paging, assuming paging is enabled and everything is configured and wired properly.

1.) reset brain / kill power for 15 mins

2.) or replace remote

ouch...

Junior

Better safe than sorry. Woops, shouldn't have done that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic