icon

Find an Installer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tech_advice 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
I know the purpose of this site isn't to promote specific shops, but, there are alot of people who have no idea of how to find a reputable installer, and generally just end up at an electronics superstore hoping that they're going to get personal and professional service(usually not the case). I've been on a couple of other sites that offer a FIND AN INSTALLER link, which basically consists of a North American map, with Province/State links, that installer's can link they're Business Name, Address, Phone #, and contact name to. 
Don't share too many install secrets with your customers, pretty soon they won't need you!!!!!
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hi tech_advice, it's a great idea. Do you have links to the pages showing the map you are referring to? If not, no big deal, I can still write an application to search by country, state or province, and include not only the U.S. and Canada, but all countries. I should be able to find a free hour sometime this week and have it up by this weekend.

the12volt

the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
I found it, but think I'll write the application without the image map and pop-up window. 
the12volt 
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi tech_advice, I have the installer database application up and running. Once I finish making a few tweaks such as changing the province/state & country selections from static to dynamic for better and easier error handling and add some additional content, I'll post a link. Should be up for everyone sometime tomorrow.

the12volt

the12volt 
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hi tech_advice, here ya go: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/findinstaller.asp  We only have two listings at the moment, but try it out and add yours, and let me know if there is any other information that you feel should be included.

the12volt

tech_advice 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot, I know, I'm happy to see this, as I think the other installers will be, not to mention the customers, and I think it's just one more reason  to say , this is the best tech support site on the net...Thanks again...Chris

Don't share too many install secrets with your customers, pretty soon they won't need you!!!!!
the12volt 
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi tech_advice, You're welcome and Thanks! If you have any other ideas, just let me know ;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic