04 Sunfire stereo wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus81 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I used to own a pick up with a decent system, and i only kept the subs, amlifier and box when i sold the truck. I have a brand new 04 sunfire now. I cannot sell this equipment for a decent price, so its sitting in my living room right now. with a stock headunit in the sunfire, i cannot hook up the amplifier due to the lack of the remote headunit turn on feature. But, could i hook up just the subwoofers into the current wiring? Yes its average sounds, but the components are doing me no good in my living room. So, my question is, how would i wire in these subwoofers into my stock sunfire components? The subwoofers are two Orion xtr3 200 Watt Rms. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! So thanks a bunch!!!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
You don't hook them up to the existing speaker leads.  You can run your turn on lead to an accessory lead in the car- either at the ignition harness or the cigarette lighter.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
zryder 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

if your amp has a high-level input, there ya go. get audio signal off your rear speakers, feed that to your amp and that will power your sub, with everything else in there stock..

hopet hat helps

Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic