icon

2004 Ford Expedition Premium Sound Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsoublis 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone please help me out.  I am in desperated need of a wiring diagram for the premium stereo in a 2004 ford expedition. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
gsoublis 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

Mark,

Thank you very much for the help.  You saved me alot of time and frustration.

gsoublis 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know what exactly pin numbers 14, 15, & 20 mean?  I can account for everything but those.  I am installing a new aftermarket radio and did not know what these extra pins represented.  I am assuming that 20 is the remote lead for an external amplifier.

Thank you,

George

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
"Does anyone know what exactly pin numbers 14, 15, & 20 mean?"
Pin 14: Vehicle Speed Sensor - Gray/Black: This wire is used for the speed sensitive volume on the OEM radio. If down the line you add a navigation system that has a hookup for VSS, this is the wire you want. For a normal radio, not required.
Pin 15: Voltage Supplied In Start: I'm not real sure what this does maybe someone else knows. Possibly like a positive mute wire since I think the audio cuts out when starting? Either way it's not required if installing an aftermarket radio.
Pin 20: Parking Aid, mute signal: If you were installing a hands free kit or something, a negative to this wire will mute the speakers in the vehicle. Technically it only attenuates them quite a bit, not completely stop the sound. It should mute the speakers in the vehicle if you turn on your parking aid feature in the vehicle, if equipped. For a normal radio install, not required.
If you want to turn on an external amp, you could either run the remote lead on the amp to the pink wire in pin 2, or to the blue wire on the aftermarket radio. None of those pins listed are going to help you.
Mike
gsoublis 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike.  Great help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic