icon

programming remote on aps-996

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2005 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have an audiovox aps-996 in my 99 ford expedition, recently the remote (the lcd one) got completely trashed.  I bought a new one off of ebay, it is the EXACT same as the one if have (well it isnt painted and broken) so I know it is compatible, but I havent been able to program it for my alarm.  Ive tried everything based on what I have read on here, turn the key to on, press the valet three times, hit lock button, valet three times, hit unlock, so on so forth; Ive even tried this and held the lock/unlock/rs/option buttons, still no luck.  Im mostly getting the result of one button on my remote serving multiple functions, as of now my option button locks the doors and arms the system and when pressed again will unlock the doors and disarm the system.  If anyone has any advice on programming this or what I might be doing wrong please help, I have no problem paying my local shop that installed it to program it (hell its free, I have so much money left over in my account there), its just that all of their locations have been booked solid for a long time and they are having a hard time finding out when they can squeeze me in even for 20 minutes.
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

I'm going off of memory here so, just double check me.

You need to have the blue wire grounded or your hood opened.

Turn the ignition on,  hit valet button 3 times, then press the lock and unlock button on the new remote at the same time.  Turn the ignition off, close the hood or unground the blue wire and then test.

This should automatically program all of the functions of that remote. 

fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  

I dont think rabenoja is right on this one (Ive never heard of that technique) but I think sk8ingsmurf is doing it correctly. Just one thing is that a door does need to be open. I have a 996C and had a 996 this sequence works for both of them. Open a door, turn the key on, push the valet button 3x, hit lock, push it again, and hit unlock, push it again, and hit the remote start button, push it again, and hit the option button, push it again, and hit channel 5, push it again, and hit channel 6, push it again, and hit channel 7. If you dont have anything hooked up to the option, channel 5, 6, or 7 then you can stop at the rs button. Also the siren will chirp after every button push (95% sure on the chirps) like once for the lock channel twice for the unlock channel etc. then after you program each channel a short siren blast will be heard. Also i know you said you were 100% sure the new remote was compatable but just double check that the model number on the back of the old one is the same as on the new one. There are two versions of that remote out there (at least that i know of) one is the 5BCR03 (this one works with the 996C and I think the 996A) and i think the other is the 5BCR or 5BCR01 (this one works with the 996)they are not interchangable. They usually light up different colors the 03 usually lights up amber and the 01 usually lights up a blue/green color.

G'luck

-John

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
fbird08 wrote:

I dont think rabenoja is right on this one (Ive never heard of that technique) but I think sk8ingsmurf is doing it correctly. Just one thing is that a door does need to be open. I have a 996C and had a 996 this sequence works for both of them. Open a door, turn the key on, push the valet button 3x, hit lock, push it again, and hit unlock, push it again, and hit the remote start button, push it again, and hit the option button, push it again, and hit channel 5, push it again, and hit channel 6, push it again, and hit channel 7. If you dont have anything hooked up to the option, channel 5, 6, or 7 then you can stop at the rs button. Also the siren will chirp after every button push (95% sure on the chirps) like once for the lock channel twice for the unlock channel etc. then after you program each channel a short siren blast will be heard. Also i know you said you were 100% sure the new remote was compatable but just double check that the model number on the back of the old one is the same as on the new one. There are two versions of that remote out there (at least that i know of) one is the 5BCR03 (this one works with the 996C and I think the 996A) and i think the other is the 5BCR or 5BCR01 (this one works with the 996)they are not interchangable. They usually light up different colors the 03 usually lights up amber and the 01 usually lights up a blue/green color.

G'luck

-John

You know what...I think that the previous instructions that I gave is for the crimestopper paging system....please disregard.  I'm glad someone caught it! :D

kalito 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
rabenoja wrote:
fbird08 wrote:

G'luck

-John

You know what...I think that the previous instructions that I gave is for the crimestopper paging system....please disregard.  I'm glad someone caught it! :D

i have a 996c and on the back of the remote it saids 5crs and it lights up amber...
kalito 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
sorry 5BCR
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks guys, I was doing it mostly right, just as I had assumed.  Basically I pressed my valet button three times to get into programming mode, hit lock, then was pressing it three more times in between each button, which I assume was taking it out of programming mode and putting it back in, got all three remotes working great now, thank you VERY much to everyone who replied.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic