icon

97 Civic, HiTech HT-455

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jtnash12 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a HT-455 in a 97' Civic with some success. However a few questions if I may:

1) Connecting the negative door open (Alarm green wire conected to Light gren/Red in drivers kick panel) will trigger when armed but after the alarm have been turned off and a door is left open a while longer the alarm goes off by itself again. Anyone know how to solve this?

2) What is Domelight supervision for in the Honda Civic the12volt.com wiring list? and how can I use it?

3) The HT-455 manual says Auto central locking is a programable option but it's not listed in the 'program the system'. Anyone know how to turn this feature on?

4) What does the Valet mode actually do? and how do you exit Valet mode?

5) Has anyone found a way to silence the chirp for arm & disarm but allow the siren for a valid alarm trigger? It appears that silent mode turns the siren off completely.

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
1) Is your alarm set to "Passively arm"? If so, what's happening is that it's arming (when left alone for awhile), and seeing the open door, and then calling your attention to that fact. (This is just a guess-- I've never installed your particular alarm....)
2) Allows you to turn the domelight on. Many people like their domelight to come on when they unlock so they can see inside the car before they open their doors...
3) Can't speak for the marketing people at high tech, but it sounds like that just means the alarm controls power locks, perhaps automagically (passive locking in addition to the passive arming mentioned above).
4) when the alarm is in Valet mode, all security features (starter disable, siren, etc) are turned off. Good for when you're leaving your car w/ someone else, and don't want the alarm ensuring you get it back w/ the windows broken and the battery wires cut. The user manual should answer the second half of this question (I personally can't).
5) It is possible-- it takes two (maybe three depending on how much power your alarm sends the siren) relays, a resistor, and a capacitor. You'd use the constant to momentary output here, switching 87 to ground, 87a to fused 12V, and the alarm's siren output to pin 85, and taking the output (pin 30) to another relay. The other relay would also have pin 85 wired to the siren output from the alarm, pin 86 to ground, pin 87 to the output from the first relay, and pin 30 would go to the actual siren....
Whew! It looks good in my diagram-- I hope I wrote it correctly above.
Having said that, there's usually some way to disable chirps, if only via a special arming/disarming sequence on the remote...
Me
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah! What do you mean by "alarm is turned off"? On some alarms, if the siren's going, and you hit either lock or unlock, that will silence the siren momentarily, but not disarm the alarm... You have to hit unlock when the siren is not going off to "turn off" the alarm...
Me

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic