icon

Radio Static

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

I did an install on my friends 2001NIssan Altima about two months ago.  He just told me that when he turns on the radio there a bunch of static.  He  has 10inch flame q and a 1000w hifoncs.  And he got his windows tinted too. Now he has one of those attenas that are in the rear window.  And my question is what can i do to see if its the tint thats causing the problem or if its a loose connction due to the sub. or if its anything else.

thanks

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
if amp and sub is all you installed. just pull the fuse for the amp and see show him that it isn't the amp causing it. was it like that before the tint was installed. som window tint has metal in it so it will cause some interference with the radio especially if its in the glass. isn't it funny haw everything comes back around back in the 70"s they had antennas in the glass then they went away from doing them now everybodys putting them back in.
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice i will try that, but thats not what i really was thinking.  i was thinking that since the pressure from the sub could have cuased a loose connection. but if the tint does have metal i will tell him that, since he has a lifetime warranty on it.
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic