icon

pioneer lowpass crossover problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hot00boy 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

i have a pioneer deh-750mp cd player in my car.  yesterday my subwoofers started acting crazy so i took them out to check the voice coils on each one and they were fine.  when i went to put them back in the car i noticed that words were coming through the subwoofers when i played music.  i checked all the settings on the radio and everything was fine. the amplifier jacks are run from the subwoofer preout on the radio.  also, when i fade everything to the rear no words come from the woofer and it plays fine.  when i fade it back to the front the words start coming from the woofer again.  my amplifier is the older us amps 100hc and it is pushing two memphis 15" hpo subs wired in 4 ohms.

1993 Buick Roadmaster
Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
i own the 7500 myself, which is basicly the same thing as you have. Im guessing you have the subwoofer outputs connected? And you have the Xover set on the subwoofer settings (instead of just having it as pre-out)? If you adjust the Xover on the deck, does it change anything?
Are you using the xover on the amp too? if so, at what range?
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000
hot00boy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

the 100hc amplifier does not have a built in crossover.  the subwoofer crossover on the deck is set as the rear speakers full and the subwoofer preout as subwoofer.  this is how i had it connected and it worked fine.  the only problem is the radio is not filtering out what needs to be.  when i adjust the crossover on the deck it does become louder when i turn the subw setting up.  also, why can't i find a manual for this radio on the pioneer site?

thanks in advance,

john 

1993 Buick Roadmaster
Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
look up the 7500, same features and menus etc. Id double check to make sure your pre-out is set to subwoofer, just in case.
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000
hot00boy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
it was set correctly.  i think the player has an internal problem with the front and subwoofer crossovers because it works fine when it is faded to the rear.  when i fade it back to the rear that's when the words start coming through the subwoofer. 
1993 Buick Roadmaster

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic