Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amb4life 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott:

Thanks for all your input.

My company is the Florida rep for US Amps. i chose to use more not necessarly for the fact of power but for show. This car will eventually be a demo vehicle for US Amps .The AX line is there top of the line amp. I was goign to go with 2 3000 watt amps but figured for show factor i may go for quantity . The AX3000DE is in the neighborhood of $4000 so its not cheap but these amps are some of the best i have ever seen.  www.newusamps.com check it out.

plans are for all local south florida shows, dbdrags as well , nopi, hopefully more as they come.

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
It you get it done bring it up to my neck of the woods for USACi world finals, located at bartle hall in kansas city Missouri.   I know US amps normally has a booth, so try to get them to cover your travel expenses.   
You didnt answer if you were planning on running a wall type setup.   for sq I am assuming no.     I am sure this box is going to take up a great amount of space in the back of that vehicle, post upsome pics as you get working.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, i figured it was going to be a wall! :D
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000
spl144 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
 good ? i think you may want to go will a wall it will cut down some of the cab space in you truck that will get you more SPL  as far as the SQ tuning you amps for ever day driving and changing them for the comps is an idea and for sub suggestions if u have not got them yet i would suggest 4 15" soundstream SPLX subs thay handle more power and have a longer excursion you can get them $319 each  now sound stream is my brand of choice as far as the L7s i have had good and bad luck with them in the past i have had 1 10" L7 and a 15" work for about 2 to 3 hours and then start shooting smoke out of the port that was only 2 out of about 20 that i have installed  i was also wondering what u were doing as far as sound detining ? that could make or break your SPL levels and i also agree that 160 db would be hard to do with 4000 watts RMS i think you will have a  better chance with a wall and the sound stream subs i think the power handling ratings on the L7s are a bit high the 15 " that smoked on me was being powered by a Rockford power 1000.1 bd
Nodestiny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have ran L7 15"s with far more than 1000 watts RMS with no problems. As for sound stream, they are good. But i doubt they are going to make the differance in SPL. Replacing the L7s with anything else is foolish unless there is going to be a lot more power to each (say 4000 watts RMS each).
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
amb4life 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

I am kind of partial to the L7 for this setup........ I iwll post pics for you all as it gets further in the making........I may only do 2 of them at this point but who knows?  

WHAT DO THINK OF THE MTX 9500 SERIES? A freind of mine said at his job they put 2 kicker 1200.1 to each voice coil and it could take more.  Anyone had expereience with these?

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
Nodestiny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
They seem to be usable for SPL, but i have my doubts on SQ (as i have always had my doubts toward MTX making a good SQ driver).
for the money, there are going to be better SPL drivers.
04 dodge neon SXT
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic