icon

Amp Setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmontgom 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

This weekend I will be installing a Rockford Punch 360.2 which is rated 90x2 watts RMS at 4 ohms. I will be powering Polk Audio db5250 5-1/4" Component System which is good to 100 watts RMS. I have a Rockford MP3 reciever. My questions are will any phone cable work for the remote bass? What should I set the crossover frequency at, and what does this setting control? Where should I put the HP - Full - LP switch and what does that control? What is the high level input for?

Thank you for any help or suggestions you can make i appreciate the help.

Monty 

saterdaynight 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
first question, i dont think regular phone cable will work, heres why. i have a fosgate 750s and the remote bass uses a 6 wire phone line, regular phone lines are 4 wire, however, i beleive that network cables (aka cat 5 wires) are the same thing, not shure though. some cat 5 wires do a funny little thing where the flip the order of 2 of the wires, so i wouldnt know if fosgate uses the regular or twisted version (my guess would be regular?)
second, i assume the polks come with there own adjustable cross overs? your user manual should have some recomendations, not knowing polk very well, i cant help you too much there.
third, you should set your amp to full mode, what you are looking at is high pass (hp) and low pass(LP) filters. these settings, "passing" high frequences only as aposed to "passing" low frequences only. full being "full range" or all the frequencies.
high level input if i rember right, is fosgates little term for a hook up from the amplifier of your deck. if you plan to use RCA, just ignore this compleatly. just FYI, they usualy supplie a little plug with a pigtail (a few wires of sutable length to hook up to outher wires like the ones comeing from your deck) that plugs into this connection.
speed is my drug of choice, let me drive...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic