icon

Preventing alarm while getting gas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
just start making it a habit to use  ur remote to arm or just leave the key in the ign, i don't have an alarm yet ndplannin on installinit myself  so might needsome of u guys help but i made it a habit of pressing the door lock when i get out of the car but lately i keep forgetting that my keys are still in the car on the seat or  leave them in there when i go play ball and have locked myself out a couple times in a month
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

Hey cpgoose,

When you get out of your car press 1,2,1 on your remote which will activate your valet mode on your viper 550 esp. Your led will be on constant letting you know that you are in valet mode.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
wow, thanks for all of the ideas!  Gotta do some thinkin' now as to which one fits best and is most practicle.  Preventing alarm while getting gas - Page 2 -- posted image.  I'll let everyone know if I implement one.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

so can I just do this? (following NyxBass's post)

Preventing alarm while getting gas - Page 2 -- posted image.

I wasn't sure if I could just "piggyback" the alarm's wire....or if I had to run the switch "inline".

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

I like chriswallace187's idea best, and I hadn't even thought of it---just switch the interior lights on.

Also, you could find the key sense wire coming from the key cylinder; it's probably a negative signal.  Using diodes as appropriate, wire it into your alarm system as an additional door trigger.  The alarm won't passively alarm if you leave your key in the ignition.  As an added benefit, if a thief should somehow get into the car and insert a key, your alarm will go off.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2002 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
yea, i don't think the domelight trick works in my car.
jimmythegreat1 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2002 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
the best thing is to try turning on the dome light and see if that fools the alarm first into thinking the door is open.
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2002 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering, is there any way you could wire the door sensing trigger on the alarm to include the gas door also? So if the gas door is open, the alarm wouldn't automatically arm?
alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

Dangerous putting a pinswitch on the gas door because even a small spark their could cause an EXPLOSION!!!Preventing alarm while getting gas - Page 2 -- posted image. 

Pinswitches usually spark really small that you can't even tell but will cause an explosion... Even electric static close to the gas opening will cause an explosion!!

not worth the trouble or the Danger just ground the doorswich and trick the alarm .... Lot Safer!!!

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
ay caramba! Preventing alarm while getting gas - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic