icon

Subwoofer recommendation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Redstorm3 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not looking to go too overboard on subs or an amp, i like my bass to sound loud & tight ya know.   I'd probably spend no more than $200 on an amp.  I will either buy online or retail depending on who's cheaper
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

What?

No don't buy another amp.  

Kenwood makes a nice product man.. that's a solid amp.  Its your subs that are cheesy.  If you serve more power those things the only thing they are gonna do is break faster.  The fact they cost 50 bucks and have a massive vortex-cone thing should tip ya off that that is your weakest link.

If you really mean "I'm looking for a combination of both SQ & SPL." then go look at the Perfect 12.1d.  Those will punch ur teeth out and sound heavenly doing it.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Redstorm3 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I checked out those Infinity subs and they look & "sound" as in read pretty nice.  I have a question though in wiring, you said if you run the subs in series & then parallel to the amp bridged it would be like this?   Now when you go and run it to the amp just hook up the 1 positive on 1 channel & the negative on the other?  this in essence will show a 4 ohm load and my amp should pump like 460 watts   am i correct on this???
Subwoofer recommendation - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

well sedate is right about one thing the infinity perfect subs are great for SQ and they will provide good SPL if you put more power to them then what u have for an amp right now but the buying a bigger amp will give you more SPL than new subs subs can handle more than the ratted power if its clean power the infinity subs are going to set you back alot more than $200 for a set  what do you want more SPL or SQ ? now for the amp your not going to get much more power than what you have right now

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

well sedate is right about one thing the infinity perfect subs are great for SQ and they will provide good SPL if you put more power to them then what u have for an amp right now but the buying a bigger amp will give you more SPL than new subs subs can handle more than the ratted power if its clean power the infinity subs are going to set you back alot more than $200 for a set  what do you want more SPL or SQ ? now for the amp your not going to get much more power than what you have right now

Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
 i think u should check out ikesound.com
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
 you can buy 2 12" memphis subs for under 200 retail and the box that you have will work thats most likely be the best bet in your price range
Redstorm3 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate all the help, just one last question....if i go with a DVC 4ohm sub and hook it like I have listed above....it should be ran bridged correct?  for instance the infinity subs (approx RMS 300-350) or the Memphis M3's are like 400 RMS, my amp pushes 460w bridged will the subs handle it???  I'm a little confused with the wiring
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
 yes both of those subs will handle that all day long and yes bridge the amp and you will have the amp running 4 ohms mono and set your gain at about 3/4  and you will be happy with the results by the way  what kind of ride do you have
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Blowntweeters wrote this exquisite statement; "set your gain at about 3/4 and you will be happy with the results"
Happy with your results, man you need you need to check yourself and the advice you are giving out.
Setting gains is a precise procedure, not an approximation based on what you think, I am not going to go any furhter with this but just be very careful with that so called advice and do a search on this site on how to properly set the gain.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic