icon

Need Help With Random Access Power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaufman_sd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Viper 550esp into a 2000 S10 ZR2.  Does anyone know if you can disable the Random Access Power (RAP) feature only during remote starting.  The problem that I am having is that if for some reason I decide to shut the vehicle down via the remote or the vehicle run time has expired after remote starting, then the radio and other accessories continue to stay on for another 10 minutes.  Is there a way to disable this feature during remote start only or is there a way to pulse the door trigger to ground after the remote start is disabled without tripping the alarm.
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

RAP=retained accessory power.

All you have to do is pulse the door switch so that the truck sees the door open after the starter shuts down.

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to use a diode and hook the alarm door sense wire on the switch side of the diode, hook the pulse after shutdown to the other side of the diode.  The band of the diode should be facing toward the switch.
kaufman_sd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Player69!!!  I do have one other question - How do I get the negative pulse after the remote start shut downs?  I don't have it in front of me, but I don't recall a momentary negavite pulse coming from the module after shut down.  Any ideas???

Also maybe I am confused... but if I hook the alarm door sense wire to the diode with band side of the diode (cathode) facing the door switch then when the door is opened the alarm would trigger.  However when pulsing to ground (negative trigger door switch) after shutting down the remote start with the negative pulse being placed on the opposite side of the diode (anode), the alarm wouldn't sense the pulse, however the RAP would continue to run because it wouldn't see the pulse either.  Please help!!! Am I just really confused!!!

grymus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I need the same help with a 2002 silverado....any ideas out there?  where can we get a pulse negative when sutting down the remote start with the remote control?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic