icon

new slim ps2?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slammed97nismo 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok i know u can rip open the the big ps2 and remove the power supply and run it on 12v now what i need to know is if the new slim ps2 will be able to run off 12v ..i looked at the power supply that is inline with the power cord but i was wonderin if i could just shoot 12v to it and it work..or if anyone knows how to do it.....
bostra 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

use a meter and prob the end of the plug that goes directly into the ps2.. see what current that is ...

slammed97nismo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
i beleive it only 8 volts but im not sure if i run 12v into it if it burn it up....any input will help....
spanky192 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 ideas for you

1) you can hard wire a power inverter and mount the outlets in your dash/glove box for a clean oem look (or wherever you plan to mount the ps2). like this

2) you can buy a playstation car adapter (i believe the psone and the ps2 have the same voltage/wattage rating) and hard wire that.

2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Pioneer Avic-D1
kazisdaman 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
After seeing this post I looked at the power inverter,
and the output to the mini is a 8.5v, just install the power inventer for 120AC or whatever.
slammed97nismo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
i dont want to have to use a power inverter i want to figure out a way to hardwire it into the vehicle and also the place it is goin is in a center console and it will motorize out.......ive never heard of a 12v adaptor for a ps1 or a ps2......
Iceorbz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
well I just did my own install of 2 7" lcd screens, and a thin ps2, only way i found was to use a small 175 watt inverter and ran it from that :/
2004 2.4l SRT-4
slammed97nismo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
i might be onto something with the power for the slim ps2 ill let everyone know....also if i could get 12v adaptor cords for the slim ps2 what anyone be willing to use them.......i might have found a place to custom build it for me but ill find out today and post back this evening....
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2005 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
The new PS2 runs off 8.5V. You can buy a positive voltage regulator with a output adjusted with a voltage divider. Make sure you do not buy and LDO regulator. Try digikey.com, it's where I buy all my parts. The 12VDC goes in, and 8.5VDC comes out. Running off 12VDC will burn the system out quickly. And 8.5V is not a common voltage for a regulator. Try to use a TO-220 style regulator case, and a heat sink couldn't hurt either.
DXAV
slammed97nismo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
ok i dont know if anyone has found this yet but petra wholesale carries a cig lighter plug that plugs right into the new slim ps2.....its only 8 bucks.....also i beleive it is made by intec or something.....it is specifically made for the slim ps2.....im gonna use it and hard wire it in and see how i turns out...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic