icon

MA Audio SY1000L Line driver info?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.circlebcollectibles.com/MA-Audio-SY1000L-Bass-Line-Driver,i5752660550,c14931,ur.html
Ok I need a line driver and I came across this one locally and it looks really nice!!
I was just wondering if it performs well bc I have a US Amps VLX-400 and need a stronger signal.
I currently have a Clarion EQS560 eq that does 7vrms but i figure it wont hurt to bump the signal a little more with a line driver...
Any comment on this product will it help my signal a little??
Jay
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Just a quick note, that unit only puts out 8volts, if your clarion eq dose 7volts already, your not going to notice any differance at all
When I was younger I had a VLX-400 giving it only 4 volts out of my HU and it put a hurting on my 4 Orion XTR 15's
I honestly dont believe you are going to achive anything more if you only up the voltage by 1
Good luck with what ever decision you make
2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks...what was u entire setup for the VLX-400...like subs, battery, caps alt..and whatnot just wondering for my setup.
Thanks Jay
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

That system was in a 1987 Chevy Blazer with a 100amp Alt and 1 battery, I think its was a sears

with a Old Sony HU that was 4volt output, 4 Orion XTR 15's powered by the Vlx-400 and some cheap radio shack 6 inch and 6X9s for interiors with a Orion HCCA 225 running them

That was my second system I ever owned, i got it all used at a pawn shop for ike 350 bucks, I have no idea what gauge wiring I even used, my friend who was sponserd by Orion at the time hooked it all up

I loved that system the box was huge though, It had to be at least 10 cubic feet in volume maybe more
Now my first system was even older, whew.. but thats another thread

Later

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Why do you feel the need to add a line driver to begin with?

And if you absolutely feel the need for one, get a good one like an AudioControl Overdrive line driver.

Just remember the more components in line of the siganl path, the more interference is introduced. So you may have a strong signal, but that signal is now dirty and you have regressed plus $80 out the window.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic