icon

Difference between CNDV-40MT & 50MT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kazisdaman 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there, recently found this forum looks like it has great information.
I recently purchased a AVIC-N1, and do not have any navigation discs ATM.
I went ahead and purchased a brand new WEST CNDV-50MT off of ebay for $159 buy it now shipped. Anyways,
I have been reading alot of here and really wondering the difference between the 1.2 ver of 40mt and 50mt.
Questions:
1) Regardless if you have motion lock, does the voice navigation like you set destinations while in motion?
2) Does 1.2ver have the lock out verison as well?
3) Is 50MT's maps more update than 40MT v1.2?
4) 50MT's maps is alot more user friendly, more features, nicer looking correct?
Micro64 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

the 1.2 is not the CNDV-50. the 50 updates your N1 to N2 OS. Which will bring in motion locks.

the maps are better (altho I think the interface is cluttered up), version 1.2 does not bring lock out. But 1.2 almost doesnt do anything compared to 1.1

It is fortunate that pioneer locks up video in motion but also very unfortunate that navigation inputs are highly restricted while you drive, you can no longer do anything while you drive nor letting your passenger do it. I believe this is over restricting and is getting on my nerves for me to sell my unit and just get a non indash GPS. it is outrageous because Navigation inputs are 100% legal in state laws.

IMO you get killed while stopping aside on the freeway than putting an address. I know people who deliberately slows down their car while they drive in town-just to get the address typed up. That is More dangerous than letting people type while vehicle drives.

AVIC-N1/N2 - Watch Video and Die while you drive. End of story. Navigation Inputs while Driving are LEGAL. (State Law).
kazisdaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
alright, well, I went ahead and just bought a brand new verison of 40MT WESt for $35 shipped,
Iam going to install that first, test it out, see how i like it, goto the store, and checkout N2, and see if i like that better & make sure I know if the voice nav destination works before I install 50MT.
GLAD I found this website, it looked good to upgrade to N2, but maybe not....
anyone else w/ input would be grealty appreciated.
kazisdaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
And hey Mirco64, you say in your post that navigation inputs are 100% legal, but in ur signature u contradict yourself.
which one is true?
kazisdaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
NM, i read it wrong.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic