2001 F250, Viper 791XV, dome light on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Aaronb 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Please Help I am stuck!!!

When I shut the drivers side door the dome light stays on for 30 sec it will turn off sooner if I use the factory's key fob.  However if it is on when I arm my viper it registers that the door is open.  How do I turn off the dome light when I arm it?

Aaronb 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah!!  It is a 2001 F250 Super Duty Diesel with factory keyless entry.
oneyedwilly 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you are on the wrong wire for your door trigger?some installers just tap into the domelight because its easier to find and get too,downfall to that is the factory delay on the domelight.you need to find the actual door trigger.
Aaronb 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have the right door trigger because the doors when opened set off the alarm.  But the dome light stays on  after the driverside door is closed for 30 sec.  The only way it will go off is if I wait the 30sec or if I use the factory fob to lock the doors.  How do I have the viper trigger the domelight off?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Door Trigger BLACK/ lt. blue   +   gray plug right of column
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2001 F250, Viper 791XV, dome light on -- posted image.
oneyedwilly 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
what you have is the domelight wire,not the door trigger wire.with the domelight wire,it will trigger just like normal,but will show doors open anytime the domelight is on.get it.any time the domelight is on,its telling the viper the doors are open.its the wrong wire.you need the actual wire that tells the BCM the door is open,the BCM then triggers the other wire to turn the domelight on and off.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Domelight will work though......  just program the unit for 45 second open door report on arming.

It will ignore the dome light for 45 seconds after you arm the truck.  Or you can hook up domelight supervision and that should turn the dome off when u arm the truck and turn it on when you disarm it.

Aaronb 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Found the problem.  I had the rigth wire for the doortrigger and the domelight.  However with the factory keyless entry you can't turn the dome light off with out locking with the factory key fob.  When you arm the truck the viper will bypass the door sensors until the activity has stopped then it will arm them.  The domelight problem, with getting the domelight supervision to work had to do with the fact that I needed a relay to switch 12 onto the door trigger, not ground like with my other car.,  All fixed and working properly.  Thanks for the responses.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic