icon

Really Super Small Amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

I need a 4 channel and a sub amp ( it can be mono).  What do you guys suggest?  I've looked at the memphis sub amp and that seems to work but, no small 4 channel!  I need to fit them in a tight spot so they must be small in size. 

Open to suggestions!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
How small?
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Memphis 16-MCH600....

Specs

Really Super Small Amps -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Did someone say "SMALL"?!? Look at the Alto Class D amps... HALF the height of the Memphis, the same width, and the same amount of power... check 'em out!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
How do you know if 2 different amps rated at 600 watts RMS REALLY are the same? I've seen where there is a lot of difference in the sound on 2 amps and was just wondering. (Not refering to either of the 2 brands above.)
'85 Toy
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

I rember seeing some of the Audison amps and they were pretty small. www.audison-america.com.

And www.xtant.com has some tiny class D full range amps.

Are the prices for the Alto amps out yet?

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know what the prices are. On the Alto website, there is a forum, and if you ask about a dealer in your area, the moderator (Lonnie) should be able to get you in contact with a local dealer...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
have you thought about a five channel amp? 4 ch for your mids and highs, and 1 mono for the subs.
Big Dave
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
mmats makes pretty small amps with a good deal of power.
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I have thought of a 5 channel amp but, they all seem to be too long.  I only have about 18" wide and I'd like to keep the amps shorter. 

Those Alto amps look pretty small and they look like it'll fit but, I need amps that are already available.  I'll see what the status of those amps are tomorrow.

Again, thanks and if anybody else can think of another brand, let me know.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic